This Page

has been moved to new address

3 months…and the list keeps growing…

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: 3 months…and the list keeps growing…

MommaKristi

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

3 months…and the list keeps growing…

I haven’t gotten completely out of the habit of counting gifts, I’ve just ran out of time blogging them…so here we are catching up:

91. wonderful RNs and Aids taking care of dad in the hospital

92.  catching Big Boy’s ear infection early

93.  Middle Boy being so cute right before getting his tubes

94.  Sweet RNs that loved on Middle after his surgery

95.  in-laws watching the boys so Jas & I could have a much needed date night

96.  watching Big’s imagination and hearing him sing his pirate songs

97.  the peace that washed over me on Good Friday morning when I reflected on my week & realized what He did for me

98.  connecting with dad’s RN at the ECF and realizing they are Christians

99.  Dad turning his cell phone on for our 7:30am call on the days I couldn’t visit him so we could talk.

100.  Dad liking the nursing home he’s in.

101.  Just when I think I can’t take anymore- Easter weekend reminds me I don’t have to

102.  The act of finding the eucharisteo

103.  A steady job with a good paycheck

104.  Comfortable shoes for work

105.  Middle feeling significantly better after his tubes

106.  a day with my boys

107.  hubs helping my dad with oncologist appointments

108.  (in)courage community video

109.  all 3 boys content at the same time, independent of one another

110.  (109) that let me make coffee

111.   dad being able to make his own decisions

112.  a family gathering

113.  a royal fairy tale

********

 

Then life got really busy (these are obviously from a few weeks ago).

Tomorrow starts the memorial services for my dad'.  Today, I needed an attitude change and to think back on the gifts I failed to count this last week.

 

114.  hospice RNs and doctors that lived life with us these past few days

115. social workers and nurse managers that were on our team

116.  my dad’s proud face when he completed his physical therapy and the gals doted on him

117.  5/12/11 the last full day I spent with dad…his friend came up and we had lots of fun joking around

118.  that day also when I realized dad’s fight was almost over and he was okay with it

119.  saying good bye to my dad and hearing him tell me how much he loved me

120.  being by his side as he took his last breath

121.  knowing he is walking with Jesus now…the angels are rejoicing

122.  3 months – the amount of time from diagnosis to dad’s passing

123.  3 months – the amount of time I had to get closer to my dad and sisters

124.  my best friend coming over to help me prepare the photo collages for the funeral home

125.  the mixed bag of emotions that includes grief, relief, and of course, eucharisteo

 

I know this is wednesday, so I’ll link this monday to Ann Voskamp’s blog.

 

I would appreciate your prayers Thursday and Friday as we have the visitation and memorial for my dad.  Thank you for your support and prayers up to this point.

 

Much Love,

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I will keep your family in prayer. Cancer does suck.

May 18, 2011 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Oh, Kristi... May the peace of Christ go with you, wherever He may lead you through this season. May He guide you through these days, protect you through the storm. May He bring you home rejoicing, into heaven and His heart.... May He bring you home rejoicing, once again tucked safe under the shelter of His wing.

I am praying for you and yours tonight, Kristi... Jesus cups you all close.

And you shine Him... even in this.

(((Kristi)))

All's grace,
Ann

May 18, 2011 at 6:35 PM  
Blogger J. Franklin Oaks, Jr., DO, MHA said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 18, 2011 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. :( May God carry you through this difficult time. What a blessing that you are able to focus on eucharisteo during this time. I will pray, pray, pray for you and your family.

May 18, 2011 at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home