This Page

has been moved to new address

Sunday SOAP

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Sunday SOAP

MommaKristi

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sunday SOAP

SOAP 

Psalm 11 SOAP from 4/15/11

S.  Psalm 11:1a I trust in the Lord for protection…

O.  I need to trust in Him- and not be afraid!!  He protects me and my loved ones.

A.  What can I do to increase my trust in Him?  This is a recurring theme in my life right now, isn’t it?

P.  Lord, show me the bigger picture…help me to put the puzzle together.  Help me to trust in You!!!!

There is a lot going on in my life right now and I’m really struggling with trusting Him whole heartedly.  I’m feeling overwhelmed with life in general and am trying to figure out how to slow down and let Him work in and through me.  I would appreciate your prayers.  I am thankful for the things God is showing me through His word…

Psalm 18 SOAP from 4/23/11

S.  Psalm 18:19 He brought me out into a spacious place, He rescued me because He delighted in me. v.28. You Lord, keep my lamp burning, my God turns my darkness into light.

O.  Still the same theme…peace, safe, calm…light vs. dark

A.  Even though I’m overwhelmed…I can feel Him tugging on my heart trying to calm me with His peace…I look for His spacious place to rest.  I remember that He lights my path when it’s dark.

P.  Lord- take me to that spacious place where I can breathe again.  Help me to continue to seek you, even when overwhelmed and burnt out…for I know you will light my path.  I praise you for your new mercies each day and thank you for loving me.

Friday morning I felt discouraged by my “hard” week…Max has an ear infection, Jake got his tubes, Dad got moved to an ECF/rehab and we wait to find out if he will get chemo.  I felt burnt out and felt like it was hard to catch my breath.  Then I remembered it was Good Friday…and no matter how hard my week was…Jesus endured a week even harder some 2000 years ago and He did it just for me…He did it just for you….and He’d do it all again.  He carried the burden of the cross for me…so I could live.  I may have bad days, but His have been worse.  And while my hard days are still hard (and not all the sudden easy because of that realization), I know I can handle whatever comes my way through Him.  And because He carried the cross and not only died for my sins, but rose again on the third day, I can live. 

And I hope this fullness of my heart continues not only through this Easter weekend, but throughout my days…

 

Celebrating our risen Lord,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home