This Page

has been moved to new address

Where is the Sun?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Where is the Sun?

MommaKristi

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Where is the Sun?

Last month I posted about dancing in the rain… I feel like it’s been pouring ever since.

I’ve mentioned it quite a bit on twitter but I wanted to update on here.  I’m having a rough patch.  It’s hard trying to balance my own gaggle of littles and a sick parent at the same time.  Jason has cut back his work hours so I can have my days during the week to be with dad.  It’s tough to sit there and just watch him sleep but I know he’s thankful I’m there.  And I’m just praying he feels the comfort of Jesus through my hands and feet serving him.  I’m so appreciative of Jason’s support to allow me to spend time with dad…but I’m struggling with balance.

I miss my boys.  I miss cooking for them.  I’m tired.  I want to work out.  My diet is non-existent right now (which is really hurting me because my dad made me promise to not let his illness deter my diet).  I want to do fun home pre-school activities with my boys.  I want to plant my garden.  I want to blog.

Psalm 42: 11 (the Message) Why are you down in the dumps dear soul?  Why are you crying the blues?  Fix my eyes on God-soon I’ll be praising again.  He puts a smile on my face.  He is my God

This morning instead of looking at the things that are out of focus and blurry, I want to look at things that are in focus….

I’ve been finding my strength in God’s word (writing out my SOAP notes from reading in Psalms).

I’ve been praying for my boys daily using the Warrior Prayers.

I’m gearing up for my mental battles using Hide His Word.

I’m still counting my blessings and processing the book one thousand gifts.

I have wonderful friends physically present in my life and in cyberspace.  It’s as if God knew I would need support and encouragement right now (grin).

 

After a night when my dreams torment me and a rough morning of feeling like I can’t get it together I remembered the things that are in focus.  I feel peace calming my heart, washing over me like a waterfall.  The sun will soon shine and all that is in my heart to accomplish will either be accomplished or just not matter.  I’m focusing right now on what is most important.  At times I may feel like it’s not enough but I have to step back and bring my blurry view back to focus.

 

Have you ever had things out of focus?  Felt dizzy and unbalanced?  I’d love to know how you juggle the desire to do it all…I’d love to know how you balance kids and work and family and exercise.  Really, help me out…tell me?  Let’s talk about it!!!  I want to get through this stronger on the other side!!! 

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Oh, Kristi...hugs and prayers. It sounds as if you are doing all the right things. In a crisis situation, things do feel so unbalanced.
Give yourself permission to let some things go. Know that you can't do it all, and you can't do it alone. Right now, your focus is right where it should be...on God and on your dad. Remember that it's just for a season. Take some time for a workout or fun time when you can, and when you can't, know that its okay to be off-balance right now. Praying for you today.

April 26, 2011 at 4:29 AM  
Blogger MOTH3RMN said...

I'm sorry for what your going through! I did the same w/ my Grandfather as I was the only one who lived in the state, but I don't think a Grandparent is the same as a parent. The Lord is with you and will sustain you. Just remember you are never alone.

April 26, 2011 at 5:17 AM  
Blogger Rhoda said...

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. Honestly I constantly struggle with balance and doing it all, and I usually discover I can't! I think because you have a sick parent it is going to be even harder, but maybe you can comfort yourself that it is just for a season?

In times like that I try to pray daily that God would help me keep my priorites straight, as it can be so hard when you manage your own time and you have extra things to do besides the usual stuff. I also am learning that I have to really watch out for tiredness as it can discourage me so much and put me off my diet etc, so I try to get extra rest when there is more on, and give myself some slack.

It sounds like you are doing great in what you're focusing on though! Psalm 37 is really good, especially v5: 'Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass'

April 26, 2011 at 7:23 AM  
Blogger Hope Wilbanks said...

(((HUGS))) I'm sorry you're going through a valley right now. Just remember that Jesus is the Lily of the Valley, the bright and morning star. You're very smart to stay focused on good things and blessings.

I've been through MANY deserts and valleys in my life. It took me too many years to learn what it seems you already know: focus on what's good. Which leads me to this passage in the Bible...

Philippians 4:8-9 (NLT):
"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you."

Praying for you and your family!

April 27, 2011 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Christa S said...

Hi Kristi, your words were so honest. I appreciate that, it is the kind of writing that appeals to me on a deep level. I used to chase the life that felt balanced. All the time. I am finally realizing it doesn't exist, and nothing is as draining as chasing the impossible. The only balance is keeping God at the center, and that is a big and important quest. Thanks for sharing and blessings to you and your family.

April 28, 2011 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger Christa S said...

P.s.
I like your blog and will be back!

April 28, 2011 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger Lara G Williams said...

Sweet friend, I agree with Amanda that it sounds like you are doing the right things. Bring those thoughts captive to the truth, moment by moment, then give yourself the grace to be ministered to right now. Ask Him to guide in the moments and see if your list lines up with his. We have enough time each day to do what He has for us to do. Love to you. Praying for you and your family.

April 28, 2011 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

"When you saw one set of footprints, those are the times I carried you..." Just remembering this poem now and praying for you. :)

April 29, 2011 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger Hyacynth said...

I'm praying for you, Kristi. And I'm here if you just want to let it all out via email or whatever. Hugs, friend.

May 10, 2011 at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home