This Page

has been moved to new address

Some days are just hard….

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Some days are just hard….

MommaKristi

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Some days are just hard….

I’m trying really hard to get it together, honestly I am.  I feel like I have a lot on my plate.  I just want to be completely honest with everyone out there, some days are just hard!! 

100_0835 by mommakristi, on Pix-O-Sphere

 

I’m not saying this to have people feel sorry for me or tell me I can get through it, I just want to get it out!!  I don’t want to sound whiney, but again, some days are just hard.

I feel like my to do list is never ending…I have really really good intentions.

I just want to take care of my dad and fix everything.

My middle boy needs tubes in his ears, and that is scheduled for the same day as dad’s next chemo round.

Sometimes, no matter how much you read, pray, and trust in God to take care of things, there is still anxiety and depression.  I do not believe that this anxiety and depression I am feeling is because a lack of faith or a particular sin in my life.  I know I am a sinner but I also know I am saved by the grace of Jesus Christ.

So what do you do when that other stuff rears its ugly head?

Here’s my plan:

Spend time in the Word daily.

Memorize Scripture in order to have verses on my heart and in my mind instead of negative self talk.

Pray fervently each day for others needs (to help me take the focus off of myself).

Pray fervently for myself every day!!

Talk to my husband and be honest about what is going on with me.

Talk to my doctor at my appointment on Monday about all this is going on in my life and see if I have some more options medication wise.

Rest, rest, rest.

Ask for prayers from others.

Continue to read encouraging words from others (namely one thousand gifts).

Make a list of all that needs done, line it up with my priorities and see what matters most!

Be BRAVE.

Know what my limits are and ask for help when I need it.

Remember these words:

Psalm 27:14 (New Living Translation)

14 Wait patiently for the Lord.
      Be brave and courageous.
      Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.

 

He will not give up on me and He is not finished with me!!

 

Disclaimer: I am not a mental health professional.  I’m a mom that has suffered from depression, postpartum depression and anxiety.  I’m a believer in Jesus Christ.  I believe this is not how God intended me to feel and I believe that we, as moms, deserve to get help when we need it!!  Depression can be serious and nasty, please seek professional help if you are experiencing symptoms or are afraid.

Have you ever experienced depression?  What have you done to battle it?  Can I pray for you somehow?  If you’d rather not comment, feel free to use the button on the side to email me.  I’d love to talk to you!!

 

Also, I now have my blog set up for email subscribing, have a daily dose (or however often I post) delivered for free right into your mailbox!!  Fill in your address on the box to the right.

I believe that even though I don’t have it all together now, nor may I ever have it all together, God is using this time to use me, maybe it’s to help you.  I’m sure I still have stuff to learn too!!  Let’s take this journey together!!

Much Love,

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Katie Orr said...

These "down" seasons are hard. Makes us cling to the Lord more and more...

Thanks for sharing your heart Kristi!

April 7, 2011 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger Hope Wilbanks said...

"Be brave"....YES! I agree with Katie, too. There are times when we walk through dry valleys, but God is still there with us, every step of the way. Be encouraged in the Lord!

April 7, 2011 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Katie and Hope are exactly right sister. I wish I had the Lord when I was in my states of depression and anxiety previous to this last 6 years. Thank the Lord you can be honest and open and share because that is half the battle...talking and praying. I am with you...I have been there....we will all be there....if different ways with our own struggles and God is there if we ask to help. No one is able but him. The great thing is you know now that you need help....a lot of times people don't. And you have your sister girls that can help you too. You know not to rely on meds but God...they are a second help. I know that too. Could tell you lots more but not in this comment....I am praying, I am holding your hand, and so is he. Just remember your babies come first even if it is hard to be away from your dad during his struggle. I love you girl and I am a new email subscriber!!!

April 7, 2011 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Lara G Williams said...

Oh girl, you said it, "some days are hard." They are. I love your plan, especially the part about meditating on truth. If we do not battle the lies with truth then we lay down in defeat. Believe what He says to you. You are so precious. He has His hands on you, my friend. Love!

April 7, 2011 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Sending a hug through cyberspace right now!! I have struggled with depression, after my 4th, for a year and a half. It was horrible, but I persevered through to greet God (who had been there all along) on the other side. This is the time when you need to only worry about the "next thing". Strip down to the barest of essentials in your life, whatever they look like. And share as much as you need to here. This is your space to process through all life hands you. You ARE brave! Praying for you daily...

April 7, 2011 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Jeanine Byers said...

Yes, some days are just hard, and I don't believe in blaming the person having the hard time. I hate it when people assume there's some sin at fault.

Hope things get easier for you!

Jeanine
http://dressmytruth.blogspot.com

April 7, 2011 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Praying for you, Kristi...I know what it's like to fight a battle for a parent...in my case, both parents. It's hard, it's exhausting, and the only way to fight it is on your knees. You are doing all the right things. Hang on to God with everything you've got. Even though you may not see it, know that He will bring you through this stronger than ever before. Hugs and prayers, friend.

April 8, 2011 at 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home