This Page

has been moved to new address

For Such a Time as This.....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: For Such a Time as This.....

MommaKristi

Saturday, April 2, 2011

For Such a Time as This.....

MomsToolbox

Very few things did I expect to change as 2011 started. I made some goals, both large and small…and vowed to give it my all this year.


I had no idea that by starting to read the Bible, I’d be challenged and find a discipline within me that I didn’t know existed. I had no idea that I would, through a simple Bible reading challenge, be introduced to a whole new world (twitter). I had no idea I would find other challenges (#hellomornings, #warriorprayers, & #3in30) that would become part of my daily life. I had no idea I would meet some sweet sisterfriends to share life with.



I honestly thought this 90 day Bible reading challenge at Mom’s Toolbox would simply be a bootcamp of sorts, getting me into the Word daily. I hoped that I could keep up but I knew that I couldn’t dwell on what the written Word said, I just wanted to get through it. I was able to do the reading every day, and while some days were extremely hard to read, other days (and most days in fact) the words came to life in front of me!!! My heart ached through the Psalms, I was at the edge of my seat in Acts, and I felt encouraged through Philippians.



The challenge was to read the entire Bible, cover to cover, in 90 days. 88 days of reading in fact with 2 grace days. I’m pleased and so proud to tell you that I finished on day 85!!! Once I got to the shorter epistles I couldn’t put the book down!! I’m amazed!!!


A few things that helped me along the way… *the support I got through Mom’s Toolbox and the #b90days thread on twitter *using youversion.com on my blackberry (and then my iphone once we got those). *reading constantly, every day, reading reading reading *limiting my reading of other books, magazines, chat boards -I started 1000 gifts and have been reading it very slowly, I read no nonfiction during my B90days



During the 90 day journey I’ve found a new commitment to my faith. I’m part of a fun community of believers and am so excited to be attending Relevant 11 this fall and meeting some of these women face to face. I’m continuing with my #3in30 journey (setting 3 goals each month) and #hellomornings (where I’m committing to wake up early each day to spend time with the Lord and accomplish things). I’ve also started #HideHisWord (memorizing select verses of Philippians) and #21days4sons (praying for my boys with over 125 other moms and dad’s during the month of April).


The biggest thing I’ve noticed is how I’ve reacted to the way life happened during these 90 days. I had no idea when I picked the word BRAVE to be my word for 2011 how much I would need the B90days to give me strength. In the 90 days I’ve been reading the Bible some things have rocked my world.

My middle son, Jake has been on 5 rounds of antibiotics. In February all 3 boys went to the pediatrician sick, and one specific week in March 4 out of the 5 of us were on antibiotics. Poor Jake has to follow up with the ENT next week. But also, in February my dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 small cell metastatic lung cancer. He’s had his first round of chemo and we’re working on getting his 2 story apartment more conducive to him living there by himself in between chemo rounds.


Now, while I haven’t handled these 2 things perfectly, I know I’ve handled them better than I would have this time last year. I think it’s amazing that I chose my word this year to be BRAVE because this has been some of the hardest 3 months of my life. But each day I spent time in the Word, time with my God, finding comfort in His written Word, and craving it more and more. So much so that when I started my Couch 2 5 K I’ve been listening to the CDs I bought for the boys (Seeds Family Worship) just so I could tuck more of His word in my mind.

I can’t even imagine what life would be like right now had I not been involved in the Bible in 90 days challenge. I can’t begin to think how much more stressed, depressed, and anxious I would be had I not gotten involved with this community of believers.

Mordecai said in Esther Chapter 4, “And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”

Who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this…. God knew what I needed for what lies ahead of me…I truly believe that. He has given me the shield and sword, He has made me BRAVE. I still have long ways to go, and I’m not there…just because I read the Bible in 90 days, but it has helped to prepare me for such a time as this. It has introduced me to a new community for such a time as this. I’m a better daughter, sister, mother and wife because of it. I’m ready for each new day, whatever is ahead of me because I know He is for me. I’m ready to memorize more scripture, pray for my sons, minister to new moms, and tackle anxiety and depression. And as each day comes, I wonder what will be in my path, and remind myself that God has prepared me for such a time as this. I encourage you to join the Bible in 90 days Challenge…see what God has in store for you!!! I’m so thankful I believed enough in myself to give it a try. This is the first time I’ve read the entire Bible in all my years of being a Christian. I love the bootcamp mentality I had with it and honestly, I miss reading it that much each day. I know I will do it again, I want to help other women see what God has in store for them in their time!!! Did you read the Bible in 90 days? What did you learn? Would you like to try the Bible in 90 Days challenge? Let me know..I want to help you out!!!


much love,



Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Congratulations! I'm right there with you... I had no idea in January that I would've completed the Bible by April (well, March in your case).

April 2, 2011 at 5:08 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

It was fun to be on this journey with you!

April 2, 2011 at 7:30 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

This is so wonderful! What a huge accomplishment!

I love that verse in Esther too. It's so powerful.

April 2, 2011 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger Shawntele said...

Yes, God does prepare us, in ways that we can never imagine. I am so proud of you!

Congratulations on a job well done!

Your fellow Spring '11 grad,
Shawntele

April 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Hope Wilbanks said...

(((HUGS))) I'm so proud of you! Despite all the challenges, YOU DID IT!! ;)

April 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger music_girl29 said...

Beautiful post! I completely agree and understand about how that being grounded in His word helps us get through anything and everything - no matter how tough. Praying many blessings for you friend!

April 3, 2011 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hey Kristi - thanks for visiting me and commenting (Becca @ milkandhoneyliving.com - I'm adding this because my comment isn't working) Wow, This is fantastic - I am planning to start the Bible in 90 Days this summer - probably the beginning of June. I've heard just incredible things about what reading the Bible in such consecutive/consistent order does for our understanding of the Lord. This has continued to affirm my excitement. Thanks again for stopping by and looking forward to following you :)

April 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home