This Page

has been moved to new address

When it rains…

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: When it rains…

MommaKristi

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

When it rains…

Today was hard.  Really hard.

I've been trying to keep positive over the last few weeks in light of the bad news my dad got.  I really have.  I mean, all in all, things are great. 
I'm losing weight, getting organized, reading my Bible daily, and exercising.  On the outside, things look good.  In an effort to be real with you though, I have to tell the truth.  Some days I do really well.

Misty Trees 1 by donna, on Pix-O-Sphere

Photo by Donna @ Pixosphere 


But today it rained.  It rained hard. 
I heard it when I woke up, hitting the roof.  I drove through it on the way to pick up lunch. It was cloudy and overcast all day long.

And I finally cried.  Real tears, hard tears...ugly cry.  I've teared up in the last few weeks, but this was ugly cry.

And it felt good. 

"They" (whoever they is) say that God won't give you more than you can handle.  Well, I'm learning that God gives you more than you could ever handle on your own in order that you fully rely on Him to get through it.

The enemy is going to continue to throw stuff my way.  Jake may have his third ear infection in three months, Max might just fight me on every meal (the boy does not eat!!), and Cole's teeth may feel like they are never going to pop through.  Jason may get this same cold the boys have.  Depression and anxiety may rear their ugly faces again in me.

But I serve a God that is the same exact God He was two and a half weeks ago.  He is still the I am!  He is bigger than ear infections, stubborn toddlers, teething babies, cancer, colds, and depression. I have to continue to trust in Him, even on days like today when the clouds roll in.

GEDC0387 by terilynneu, on Pix-O-Sphere

Photo by TeriLynne @ Pixosphere

I read a quote on twitter when I first started being more active there.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
 
It's amazing how the Lord has been preparing me to handle this.  I've seen a general theme in my life of slowing down and I'm more committed to Him now than I ever have been.  All of the new things I've been working on and joining in on...they are for the "right now."

During my treadmill time the last two mornings I've listened to Seeds Family Worship (I cannot recommend these cds enough and they do not pay me to say that).

This song has been my stronghold today...

 

Even as the tears flowed down my face mixed with raindrops, this song has been in my head...on repeat.

And tonight, it's my soundtrack as I dance in the rain.

 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

Oh yes, sometimes there are those days. Thank you for your honesty and pointing right back to Christ! He IS the same yesterday, today, and forever!

Praying your tomorrow brings a rainbow. :)

March 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh sweet sister.......I am praying for you and your dad each day and each day my heart aches knowing I can not do anything. I have been in this unknowing stage before I was a Christian and had nothing to lean on when my father had a surprise quadrupal bipass and valve replacement and when my mom had breast cancer twice. I know I would have been taken care of if the results were worse because he will cover us with himself in the bad. Lean on him, let him take this from you and just pray!

March 9, 2011 at 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home