This Page

has been moved to new address

project:simplify- Hot Spot#1

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: project:simplify- Hot Spot#1

MommaKristi

Friday, March 11, 2011

project:simplify- Hot Spot#1

I know, I know…another project…another goal…I am crazy!!  But the effort that I put into this one is minimal and I got huge results…HUGE!!  I love this challenge…I love that it’s simple and I really could tackle it in little bursts.  Because let’s face it, all I got right now is little bursts of time that I’ve gotta work with!!!

So, hot spot #1 is the Master Closet….ay yay yay did mine need help!!!  And this fit perfectly into everything else going on my life…I’m losing weight, I’m *trying* to get showered and dressed every day, and I’m trying to simplify my life.  Works great…right?

So here’s some befores:

DSC_0192DSC_0193 (333x500)DSC_0194 (333x500)DSC_0195 (500x333)

I love my master closet.  I took the door off and put Elfa shelves in from the Container Store when I built my house.  Can you believe before Jason and I got married I filled this closet all myself?  (talk about way too much stuff).

So I’ve been tweeting about my progress all week.

And this…..

was the attitude I took. 

DSC_0216 (500x333)

Five bags of clothes and shoes for goodwill.  One bag of scrubs to be returned to the hospital (I wear hospital issued scrubs for work and kept “growing” when I was pregnant and needed new ones).

And here are my results:

 

DSC_0217 (500x333)

I know, I still have a shoe problem- but I got rid of a lot!!

DSC_0218 (500x333)

I think my official “Mom uniform” is plain short and long sleeve t-shirts…I have a rainbow of them!!

DSC_0219 (500x333)

I got rid of any pants that I do not wear or did not fit.  The only thing I didn’t really purge is t-shirts.  I love my college t-shirts.  They’re so comfy.  And since I’m working out more I gave myself permission to keep them.  But I did purge a ton of pajama pants and sweats.  And in honor of What I Wore Wednesday I’m wearing sweatpants today, but with a nice shirt…not a collegiate t-shirt from the 90s!!  It’s progress people…and I’m proud!!!

Jason even got involved and got rid of some shoes.  He had recently purged quite a bit before Christmas so his side isn’t too bad!!!

SimpleMom- I thank you…it felt good to do this project and I’m looking forward to the next 4 hotspots!!! 

thanks for visiting,

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger The Starr Family said...

Hooray for you, seriously how good does it feel? FREEING! And once you are on a roll, don't you feel like tackling all the other closets immediately? (after a latte of course!)

March 11, 2011 at 6:31 AM  
Blogger Hope Wilbanks said...

Great job!!! I don't know about you, but I feel so much better when I do this. :)

March 11, 2011 at 6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am drooling over your closet, ah-mazing! Great job!!

March 11, 2011 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Great job! I would like to have drawers in my closet too!

March 11, 2011 at 8:17 AM  
Blogger Kristina said...

Hi Kristi! I was so thrilled to see that you were doing project simplify too! Great job! I can't wait for hot spot 2!

March 11, 2011 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

LOL on having another project/goal. Me too!! You got rid of a lot of clothes and your new closet looks fab!

March 11, 2011 at 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! Have a great weekend!

March 11, 2011 at 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of the little baskets you used to organize. Great job!

March 11, 2011 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Mary @ A Simple Twist Of Faith said...

What a transformation!

March 11, 2011 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Kristi!! Saw you at Simple Mom. Doesn't it feel great to have your closet all cleared up? I love getting to walk in my walk-in closet.

March 12, 2011 at 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the same project. So glad! You did great! 5 bags is impressive! I really like your blog, too. :-)

March 15, 2011 at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home