This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Ten Tuesday...bloggy questions from a newbie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Top Ten Tuesday...bloggy questions from a newbie

MommaKristi

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday...bloggy questions from a newbie

Today I decided to participate in Oh Amanda's Top Ten Tuesday!!

Top Ten {Tuesday}

I've been thinking about blogging more (as you can tell from my posts). I love what I'm learning from the social media I've participated in and it's gotten my appetite craving more and more!! So I decided to use this chance to word some of my questions and see if I get any answers!!!

1. I keep reading about blogger vs. word press....for a small mommy blogger like myself- do I need to change to wp?

2. How important is it to keep things consistent- i.e. email, url, twitter handle?

3. Do I need to buy a domain?

4. If I do, how do I do it?

5. I want to go to Relevant!!! Do I need a sponsor?

6. If I do, how do I put together a media kit?

7. Any tips on what kind of laptop I should get? (I'm in the market for a new one)

8. What are your most used apps on your iPhone? (if you use it for enhanced productivity...just got my new one...yay verizon!!).

9. What do you use for compiling blog ideas? regular old paper and pen, an app, MSWord?

10. Any other nuggets of advice for this blogging newbie?


I have tweeted & googled some of the questions and will continue to do so- but I thought some tried and true responses from some veterans would help me out!!! I've made some new friends that are already helping me out and I'm gonna work on the look of my blog over the next few weeks, I'm so excited. It's fun to have a place to call my own:).

Make sure you check out Oh Amanda & the other's lists @
Top Ten {Tuesday}

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger ICStarzz said...

I'm fairly new myself. And I'm happy with Blogger more than WP. The one question I would ask as a new blogger, would be where to find willing people to help you run your blog. Something that I bet a lot of people wonder, but no one knows.
Nice post.

February 8, 2011 at 5:39 AM  
Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Okay, I'm no expert, but I've been blogging for three years. So I will try to answer some of your questions! (I know how thankful I am to people who have - and continue to - answered MY questions!)

1. I'd say stay on Blogger. I loved Blogger, and WP is definitely more complicated. I switched last summer and LOVE IT, but as long as Blogger works for you and your bloggy needs, I'd say stay put.

2. Consistency is important for branding and helping people remember you. But it's not necessarily a deal-breaker. I recently changed my Twitter handle from @givingupperfect (which matched my blog name) to @marycarver (which is, obviously, my actual name).

3. I'd say yes, if for no other reason than your URL (website address) will be shorter and easier to tell people/easier for them to remember.

4. You can do this pretty easily through Blogger. If you can't figure it out (I believe it's under a tab called "Publishing"), email me!

5. You don't HAVE to have a sponsor to go to any conference. But if you don't want to - or can't - pay for it, that's the only way to go.

8. I am jealous of your iPhone. :) My husband just couldn't wait for a new phone, so we have NON-smartphones from Verizon. Grrr!

9. I scribble blog post ideas everywhere, but I collect them in a Google Docs spreadsheet.

I hope some of this helps!

February 8, 2011 at 5:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, Mary gave you quite good advice! I have to agree about staying with blogger. I have seen a lot of people head that direction, but I am happy with where I am at. Of course, I use windows live writer to do all my posts (it's free and I love it) so that is probably why I dont have as many problems.

As far as a media kit, there is a ton of good info out there. I have several links that I can email you, if you like. Just email me and let me know.

Oh, and I would definitely buy my domain. It is only $10 a year and so worth it. I think it makes you look more serious.

February 8, 2011 at 6:54 AM  
Blogger Amy Bennett said...

I was going to respond, but it looks like Mary has it covered!

February 8, 2011 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Hi Kristi! I've been blogging about 2 years, and I am still on blogger. I just like it. I went to Relevant last year without a sponsor, just had to save my pennies! Try to keep all of your user names similar so people recognize who you are. I think it only cost $10 to get my URL through blogger.

Hope that helps!

February 9, 2011 at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home