This Page

has been moved to new address

B90 Week 3 Check in!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: B90 Week 3 Check in!!

MommaKristi

Monday, January 17, 2011

B90 Week 3 Check in!!

I’m completely excited about the B90Days (www.momstoolbox.com) challenge I’m participating in!!! Today (Monday, the 17th) is Day 15 and it is already complete!! We are into Deuteronomy and I’ve never read it this quickly before (or this much before). I’m loving reading it like a novel, just enjoying the story of the Israelites journey to the promised land.

I find myself getting frustrated with the Israelites stubbornness and stupidity, yet I see myself mimicking those actions so often!! Praise God we have Jesus and are not bound by the same laws they were.

Some of my favorite verses from this week are:

Numbers 6:24-27

“the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”

Deuteronomy 30:11

“Now what I am commanding you is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach”

Deuteronomy 30:16

“For I command you today to love the Lord you God, to walk in obedience to him, and keep his commands, decrees, and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.”

Deuteronomy 31:6

“be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.”

I’ve been using a combination of www.youversion.com (app on my blackberry) and the official Bible in 90 days Bible (http://biblein90days.org/en/catalog/items/view.asp?catalogid=1). I love using the actual hardback Bible but sometimes the convenience of the blackberry wins out. Mom’s toolbox (www.momstoolbox.com) has some great resources (like a pdf reading schedule I have in my Bible and my planner to keep track.

I love the feeling I get of community from all the people reading right now. I’ve been checking in almost daily on Twitter using the #B90Days hashtag! (I’m @MommaKristi btw). I’m making some great “friends” and meeting some amazing people. We also have an accountability group and mentor that has been emailing us weekly and we started an e-discussion last week.

What I’ve found to work best for my reading is to read all the time!!! No joke. I’m always reading. I’ve been getting up early to exercise and read (although I didn’t exercise last week). I try to read some during naptime and I try to finish whatever day I’m on before bed. I’ve given up some tv shows in order to do this….and it’s paying off. Going into each weekend of work I’ve been a day ahead!! Work has been super busy and I haven’t had much down time at all so it’s important to get ahead during the week!!!

If you’re interested in the next B90 challenge check out Mom’s toolbox (http://www.momstoolbox.com/blog/bible-in-90-days-reading-schedule ).

If you’re visiting from the check-in or twitter- please leave a comment and say hi!!! Welcome to the blog!!!

Again, this is written via email from work so the links may be “wonky”. I apologize. Hopefully soon I’ll have an iPhone (yay Verizon) and I can do actual real blog posts from it!!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger music_girl29 said...

I'm so glad you've been able to blog about your favorite verses from the week - I love Numbers 6:24-27 too!

Thanks for being faithful with your reading!

Blessings!

January 17, 2011 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Thank you so much for the comment! It means a lot!

January 17, 2011 at 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm stopping by from Group #17 in the B90 Challenge!

May you feel blessed in this week's reading :)

January 17, 2011 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger Forever Changing said...

I am really enjoying reading the Bible like a novel too! I really enjoyed your post. I will continue praying for you and the rest of our group :)

January 17, 2011 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! I'm in your group for the b90:) I didn't really respond much this past week cause I was really behind...but I managed to catch up today. I also found myself frustrated with the Israelites...they didn't learn. But when I think about it...it can take me awhile to learn my lesson:)

January 17, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home