This Page

has been moved to new address

New Features: What I Wore Wednesday & WW update

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: New Features: What I Wore Wednesday & WW update

MommaKristi

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Features: What I Wore Wednesday & WW update

Because you know I've been on quite a journey...an adventure as I'd like to put it. I've had 3 baby boys in 3 years. But I honestly can't put all the blame on that....because in college I packed on some weight. I've done weight watchers a few times, both in person and online and had some success with it. But after Cole was born I found myself at my heaviest point. And knowing that I have issues with depression, I knew something had to be done about it. So I joined ww again when Cole was 2 months old and so far I've lost 13 lbs!! Woo hoo!! However my clothes don't fit. I wear sweats. Every day. And I wear scrubs to work.

Knowing that how I look is directly related to how I feel, I've been looking for some smart wardrobe investments for when I lose my 50-60 lb goal....and I decided to just wear sweats until then. Haha. Then I found Pleated Poppy and this delightful link up and I wanted to be a part of it. It's scary to think about putting pictures of me up here for the world to see, but I am embracing my Word of 2011 and being brave and hoping for some accountability and inspiration!!!


And while it seems vain to some to show pictures of our clothes (even if the pictures aren't that great) I trust and appreciate what Lindsay says on her blog about the process.

Where we encourage and challenge each other to get out of our sweats by putting pics of ourselves up to keep accountable!

So I'm getting started with some pictures, they may not be the most flattering, but I'm jumping in with both feet...living in the right now!!! Hoping that this process will inspire me for continued weight loss, help my fashion sense, and help me in the every day.

The first day. I decided to go get a haircut. And wear real pants:).
Jeans: Lands end "skinny" jeans (and they fit...woot woot- first time since post partum #3)
Shirt: So cool mom T-shirt
Fleece: Lands end
Boots: Generic uggs from target


The next day: Jas asked me why I was so dressed up!!! (I told you...nothing but sweats here postpartum)
Pants: Old navy drawstring khaki's (that may be getting a bit big)
Shirt & Sweatshirt: Target
Shoes: Tennis shoes...because my feet will never be the same after these 3 pregnancies. (must find cute sturdy shoes, stat)
And I dried my hair that day instead of leaving it wet. Baby steps my dear friends.


And what I wear every weekend:
(scrubs are lovely but just contribute to the fat lazy factor)

Standard hospital issue scrubs, fleece with hosp. logo, and tennis shoes.


As I type this now I'm still in my pjs but I'm going to shower and get dressed "all cute". I can tell a difference in my attitude and energy when I do that and I think my husband truly appreciates it too!!!

For more fashion ideas check out the Pleated Poppy!!

I'm excited to use this journey in What I Wore Wednesday to log my weight loss too!! To see that it's really working...and to experiment in fun "mommy fashion!!".

As of today: 13 pounds down.
Total Goal: 60 lbs lost.
Shopping spree: 50 lbs lost

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

So proud of you girl! This is great accountability and fun too!

I love you in the pink! And how sweet that they noticed your effort of dressing up! That is so awesome!

Have a great day!
Stacey

February 16, 2011 at 4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome!

February 16, 2011 at 5:29 AM  
Blogger Sara F. said...

You go girl! I lost 45 lbs on WW over 2 years ago and I have never felt better! It's amazing how much making an effort to look put together makes me FEEl better about life in general!
Here's a tip for you too...as you lose weight, go thrift shopping for clothes that fit. Don't keep wearing your baggy stuff. You will look and feel great when your clothes fit! ;-)

February 16, 2011 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I want to congratulate you on setting a goal and making plans for plans for getting there. That is the only way to do it. You can do it and I believe you will!
Also, how fun for you to look back at the "before" photos! One day you can do a before and after post!
You CAN do it.
Hugs, Cindy

February 22, 2011 at 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home