This Page

has been moved to new address

Something new....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Something new....

MommaKristi

Monday, May 11, 2009

Something new....

So I thought I'd try something new this week!!!



I've piddled with meal planning and since I go back to work on friday night- I want to get serious in trying to plan our week!! I found that when I plan a week's worth of meals at one time it not only helps me feel organized and save time at dinner time, but it also helps the budget!! My plan is to get all my meals figured out sunday evening/monday morning and we'll go to the grocery on mondays when I get off work. (I have my 6 week pp appt today so we went to grocery saturday).

So here it goes:
Monday: mini meatloaf
Tuesday: cookout (weather permitting)
Wednesday: roast in crockpot with potatoes, onions, and carrots
Thursday: Chicken and couscous (from freezer- planning before Jake)
Friday: Taco roast (roast in crockpot with taco packet for shredded beef for nachos)
Saturday: leftovers
Sunday: perogies and brats (from schwans)

While I see this is beef heavy- we have to use up some beef in our freezer to make room for our next supply (we get beef from Jason's extended family- and it is that time of year again- and it's the best beef ever!!!). Last year we got a side of beef and this year we only got 1/4 because we still have quite a stash.

I'm hoping to be able to take leftovers to work friday, saturday and sunday nights. I've never been great at packing dinners so we'll see!!!

For more Menu Planning ideas check out Organizing Junkie's Blog. This post is part of her blog carnival!!!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to menu planning - although Sundays are crazy here, since I've started jotting down ideas, it DOES make the week's cooking go more smoothly. Your cooking ideas sound great - and the photos with your boys are so cute!

May 11, 2009 at 3:39 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday! Your plan sounds great!

May 11, 2009 at 4:25 AM  
Blogger SnoWhite said...

welcome! what a precious family you have. your menu sounds tasty.

May 11, 2009 at 4:26 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

welcome to Menu Plan Monday ! Sounds like a yummy week at your place !!

May 11, 2009 at 4:57 AM  
Blogger Table4Five said...

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday! LOVE the photo in the header- what a beautiful family!

Elizabeth@ Momcooks.net

May 11, 2009 at 5:54 AM  
Blogger Whitney said...

The menu sounds great--and it will enable you to clear out space in your freezer for that next beef load! Good luck!

May 11, 2009 at 8:08 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

fantastic menu, I am sure you will become addicted to menu planning the rest of us planner!!

welcome to MPM and have fun with us!

May 11, 2009 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

welcome to MPM! Menu sounds great, planning svaes me alot of time and money too!

May 11, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home