This Page

has been moved to new address

Garden day!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Garden day!!!

MommaKristi

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Garden day!!!

On tuesday we decided to put the garden in. We started the process and bought the supplies on monday and got to work during Max's nap time on tuesday afternoon. We planted wave petunias in the beds and put in our Square Foot Garden (SFG). We did this last year and had alot of luck with it!!!

Well, not everyone participated in garden day!!


After Max's nap- he "helped"

First we emptied our box onto a tarp and added in another bag of peat moss, cow manure, posey power, and vermculite (Mel's mix-this stuff is gold people!!!). I totally didn't even think to take pictures of this step. We raked the mixture together until it was thoroughly mixed with the previous contents of the box. We then put it back in the box and placed the grid on top. We had enough Mel's mix to fix up 5 round pots and 2 square pots. I laid out my plan.

My wave petunias need a shot of miracle grow. I hope I have as good of luck as I did last year with them!!!

We didn't get new mulch this year- we decided it wasn't in the budget and we could just work up the current mulch.


So in the SFG we have 2 Laroma tomatoes (for paste/sauce), 2 cherry tomatoes (Sweet baby girl and another type I can't remember), 2 squares of white onions, 2 squares of lettuce, 1 square of carrots, 2 squares of marigolds (to protect my tomatoes), and 5 peppers (Garden Salsa, Golden bell, Lady Bell and 2 Jupiters).



In 4 big pots we have tomatoes (3 celebrity and 1 Big boy).

In the other pot we have a Purple beauty pepper. I also have 2 window type boxes for herbs (basil and cilantro mainly).

Jake slept through the entire thing. We was positioned under the umbrella and was loving life!!

Max was digging being outside. He loves being outdoors!! I see alot of dirt in my future!!


I think we're really gonna enjoy our backyard this summer!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home