This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 8 Honor

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Day 8 Honor

MommaKristi

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 8 Honor

Day 8- Honor

I remember this spring watching the royal wedding in the wee hours of the morning before the rest of my family woke up. I will admit, I got goose bumps as I watched the future princess walk down the aisle to her handsome prince. Later, when my house stirred with activity and noise I tried to explain to Max (my 3.5 year old) that the boy we saw was a future king and his bride was a princess. I’m not sure if he got it…but he recognized the term princess (thank you Disney’s Tangled) and started to act out a sword fight as a prince (how a little boy can turn anything into a weapon is beyond me).

When I think of honor- I immediately think about royalty. While my sons’ are not heirs to any country- I still want to raise them to realize they are princes’ (and act like it). Our inheritance is in heaven.

So maybe all those little boy activities during playtime like princes and superheroes aren’t actually a waste…I should be using those moments as teaching moments.

How else can we teach our son(s) about honor?

Did any of the verses jump out today to you? Do you have any specific requests or concerns you’d like to share with the group? Please leave a comment and check in with the group. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me (using the button on the side).

Let us pray….


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacynda said...

Honor - What a word that is so simple yet complex to teach. At least that is what I think. Honor is such a powerful word as well. I dont really have much more to say, but I think teaching our sons what this means is vital. The verse that jumped out at me was I. Pet. 2:17.

June 15, 2011 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I think my pages got stuck together and I missed this one. I'm going to have to back track to here for today since I did love yesterday! It seems that honor is a lost virtue these days. I do hope and pray to raise a young man who shows honor and is worthy of honor as well. It's funny (peculiar not haha), the more I read these verses the more I feel like I'm not sure I could accurately define honor. Jacynda is right, simple and complex!

June 16, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home