This Page

has been moved to new address

21 Days 4 Sons!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: 21 Days 4 Sons!!!

MommaKristi

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

21 Days 4 Sons!!!

We will be starting 21 Days 4 Sons on Wednesday June 8th and I’m so excited!!! As a mom of three boys, Brooke’s e-book “Warrior Prayers: Praying the Word for Boys in the Areas They Need it Most” hit my heart like a dagger. I know the responsibility I have as a mom, but realizing that daily I’m making investments in their eternities was a new line of thought that I hadn’t yet adopted.

I’m not at all a perfect mom….I’m learning as I go. Thankfully my sons (and husband) are very forgiving. I’d like to introduce you to my boys.

Max is my 3 and ½ year old pirate. He’s imaginative and loving. He’s still in diapers and I swear potty training this boy may be the end of me!!

Jake is 2 and full of mischief. He is textbook middle child and always getting himself into trouble. He’s full of smiles and loves to be outside.

Cole is 8 months and is a wonderful baby. He loves watching his big brothers and can’t wait to be in the thick of things with them.

There are things I’ve done right as a mom and things I definitely haven’t. But that isn’t why we are here…we’re here to pray for our boys!!

In the Leader’s Guide Brooke quotes Melissa Mashburn, creator of Godly Gals. She describes 2 ways to cover our kids in prayer:

-Pray for our kids

-Pray with our kids

Over the next 21 days, we will be praying. We’ll be praying for specific traits straight from Scripture. I think you’ll find yourself praying these prayers for yourself too!!!

So today’s assignment: get your e-book ready. It’s only 5.97 and well worth the price. Print it out (if you have the pdf), bind it together (had mine done at office max for a few bucks), or put it in a folder. Pray today that your heart will be ready and focused these next 21 days.

And then, leave a comment for me and the rest of the group. Tell us your name and the names (or nicknames) and ages of your boys. Let us know you’re all in!!

I’m looking forward to this journey with you!!!


Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Rusheika said...

Hi everyone! I am Rusheika, a mom of 4.. 3 of them boys!

Micaiah, my strong willed 7yro is competitive, driven.. he loves anything that involves a ball and sneakers!

Eli is my laid back 5 yro... tons of fun but is in a whiney phase right now. He loves cuddling, loves to make sure others are happy and loves all things construction!

Marcus is my soon to be 1 yro (in about 2 weeks!!) He has fit right in to our family.. he is funny and loves to make his siblings laugh.. he is strong willed like my oldest.

I also have a 4 yro daughter Eden.. the princess of the family :)

I look forward to praying along with you over the next 3 weeks.

June 7, 2011 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger hawleykj said...

I'm Kristen, the momma of two boys.

My oldest is 4 and is OBSESSED with sports. All sports. He loves to run, jump, and get dirty. But he'll also curl up and read books with me for hours.

My youngest is 2, but he's convinved that he's 4 like his brother. He has no fear and is passionate about whatever his brother is passionate about. He's about as stubborn as they get but also has the sweetest smile.

Looking forward to praying with you!

June 7, 2011 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger Lenae said...

Hi all! I'm Lenae, an Air Force wife and, like Rusheika, mommy to four, three of whom are little men :)

Gabriel's our oldest; he's turning 5 next month (ahhhhhh!). He's a happy soul, loves movies and Legos, and is a very dutiful, helpful firstborn.

Eli's our second-born at 3 years old. He's the most pensive of our offspring and while he loves to rough-house and play with his brothers, he also enjoys doing things independently. He's got a dimple to die for :)

Noah is our youngest son, 21 months old. He is cute and silly and his temperament is much like Gabriel's. His vocabulary and speaking abilities are much more developed than his older brothers' were at his age, and he's definitely the life of the party in the family, at least for the moment :)

These three are such a handful and a joy! It is fascinating and heartwarming to watch them interact with their baby sister (Quinn, 3 months). I am so excited to be a part of 21 Days and to see how God blesses our family through it!

June 7, 2011 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger melanie said...

Hi ladies! I'm excited to pray with you.

My name is Melanie. I have two sons:

Owen is 4 1/2 (5 in August). He is smart and strong-willed -- likes nothing unless it was his own idea. He likes to run, jump, throw, climb, ride, etc. He is completely enamored with his daddy these days, and loves geography and any and all sports.

Cooper is 2 1/2 (3 in August). He is my cuddlebug, loves to hear stories and pretend to be a chef ("maker") or pilot ("flyer") or conductor ("trainer"). His little baby self has transformed into a preschooler -- when did that happen? -- and he does his very best to keep up with his brother in all things.

excited to share this journey with you.

June 7, 2011 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Christin said...

Hey everyone! I'm a little late in the game but wanted to see if I could join in. :)

I'm Christin, mother of 5 children, 3 whom are boys.

Benjamin is almost 6 and is a sensitive boy who thrives on words of affirmation - especially from Daddy. He also loves Star Wars.

Jeremiah is 4 and he's a go-getter. He's a little strong-willed, but easily wheeled in. He loves music and attention. He thrives on quality time.

David is my youngest, at 9 months old and he's rather complacent. He also likes attention but can amuse himself for periods of time. He adores his siblings.

June 8, 2011 at 4:12 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hi everyone! I'm Amanda, a working mom to two boys. Bobby is 9 - sweet, sensitive, stubborn, artistic, and the poster child for strong-willed children everywhere. Spencer, almost 6, is high-energy, athletic, funny, and loves being the center of attention. Being their mom is my greatest joy and my greatest challenge! I'm so excited about this challenge.

June 8, 2011 at 4:38 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

Excited for the start of this! My name is Melissa, and I'm a mom to two boys.

Silas is 3, full of energy. He loves to read books, play with Legos, and play outside.

Isaiah is 20 months old, and also full of energy. He is affectionate, kind, and likes to play by himself (although that's hard to do with a big brother around!).

We live in Vienna, Austria, where we are serving full-time. We face the challenges of living overseas in a second culture, but also enjoy the joys of watching our children adjust to their second culture (like speaking a second language so easily!).

June 8, 2011 at 4:59 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi everyone. I am Karen and have one boy, Daniel, who just turned 6. He is nothing like my strong willed 9 yr old daughter but a sensitive, spiritual boy. He is all boy meaning he loves to sword fight and has no fear when it comes to his playing but he can be calm and soulful when not playing. My hubby and I have been saved during most of his life and I really see a difference in his attitude and questions as compared with his sister who experienced mommy and daddy both ways. My son has also always known Mommy as sick with fibro and his sister remembers the old mommy. I am looking forward to meeting you all and praying with you and for my son. I ask for prayers to be disciplined to pray each day on purpose and intentional for my son Daniel.

June 8, 2011 at 5:50 AM  
Blogger Lynda J. said...

Hi everyone! My name is Lynda and I'm a single mom living in Raleigh, North Carolina. Boo is 6 1/2 (turning 7 at the end of July) and quite strong-willed. I try to be thankful for his stubbornness and think about how it will serve him well in standing up to the craziness of peer pressure, but in the here and now it's exhausting!

I'm really looking forward to praying along with other mamas as we seek to bring God's light into our children's lives.

June 8, 2011 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger Delanie said...

I'm Delanie, I have 1 boy,

Logan is 5 and smart and busy. Loves to run and be outside. We just started t-ball and so far he is loving it.
He loves to learn just not always from his mom.

I also have a 2 year old daughter Michaela... fun loving and loves to do everything her brother does.

June 8, 2011 at 6:32 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hi all. I'm Sara. Mom to 2 girls and one boy. My girls are 5 and 3 and Xander is 14 months.
He was our unexpected shocking gift and I don't know what I'd do without him. He's a light and joy and seems to be shaping up into quite the comedian.
I'm excited to be praying for my son so intentionally. I'm totally clueless when it comes to boys (well, truth be told I don't think I know that much about raising girls either!) so the more prayer the better.
I'm looking forward to sharing this prayer journey with you all.

June 8, 2011 at 6:58 AM  
Blogger Jacynda said...

Hey everyone! I am Jacynda (Kristi's cousin) :). I am a momma to one daughter, Hadley who just turned 5 and one son, Landry who will be 7 months Saturday. He is the sweetest little baby who has an infectious smile! Looking forward to praying with all of your for our boys!

June 8, 2011 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hi everyone! I'm jumping in late. My name is Sarah and I have 5 children ages 8 & under. My boys are Austin (8), Jacob (almost 5), and Ethan (9 months). As much as I love them and their wild curiousity, I am always wondering what goes on in their minds! I am very excited to join in and commit to praying for my boys during this time, and for all of you as we go through this journey together!

June 8, 2011 at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home