This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 4- Avoiding Foolishness

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Day 4- Avoiding Foolishness

MommaKristi

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 4- Avoiding Foolishness

June 11, 2011
Day 4- Avoiding Foolishness

Today we look into the life of Daniel. We specifically look at this young man that had a choice to honor God or honor the king. Oh how I pray that our sons would be like Daniel…right?

There is so much foolishness in the world today…how do we protect our boys? Do you have any idea?

It terrifies me to think of the trouble they could get into and how easily their lives could be changed by poor choices. So what do we do? We pray!! We pray that God would make them like Daniel- that they would choose to honor God if given the choice…that they would always choose to honor God.

Did any of the verses jump out today to you? Do you have any specific requests or concerns you’d like to share with the group? Please leave a comment and check in with the group. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me (using the button on the side).

Let us pray….
Lord, I pray that my son will resolve not to defile himself with what the world has to offer. I ask for boldness for him in standing up for what is right, just like Daniel did. And that You will give him favor and compassion in the sight of those he will encounter. Amen. (quoted from Warrior Prayer ebook)

What is your prayer? Please comment and let us know how you’re doing…how we can pray for you…and your boy(s).



Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Avoiding Foolishness. Easier said than done. Especially with little boys. This such an important topic to pray over our sons. Many times my boys get so caught up in the moment, they aren't thinking about what they are doing. Girls seem to analyze what is going on and assess the situation. Boys, not so much. Sometimes I'm not sure if they thought through it at all. I pray that my sons will have the ability to recognize a situation as foolish and turn away from it.

June 11, 2011 at 5:51 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Something that came to mind as I prayed these verses today was to pray for Daniel-like friends for my boy. Someone to help in wise decisions instead of hinder.

June 11, 2011 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I read these verses over my boys tonight. normally I read and pray in the morning and at night in bed but this one chapter was a must read with my boys! Loved it and loved encouraging them to be like Daniel.

My oldest is going through pre-teen girl presure and he doesn´t even go to public school. We homeschool. Girls are chasing him and already telling him they love him. He told me today that God is helping him and that he is being careful. Praise the Lord.

But I am not going to stop praying! I love having the verses all right there for me to pray. I love this challenge so much!

Thank you for your insites as well. I look forward to continue reading.

Dani Joy

June 11, 2011 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Jacynda said...

This made me stop and think about how I will encourage my son when he is older and to also think of my daughter who just turned 5. I think it can be easy for me and many other parents to get caught up in having our kids "shine" in the worldly spot light forgetting what really matters which is to have hearts like Daniel and be lovers of Jesus.

These past four days has just been a huge blessing to my prayer life. After doing this for my son, I realize I have a huge need to be doing something like this for my daughter. Does anyone have any suggestions on books/Bible studies I could do for my daughter?

June 11, 2011 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Pray a bubble of protection around our sons. Trust in God's plan and be fearless in the Lord.

June 14, 2011 at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home