This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 5- Pride

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Day 5- Pride

MommaKristi

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 5- Pride

Day 5- Pride

I am a proud momma…I tell you what. My boys are handsome and loving and I know that they will excel in sports, academics, even video games….

And then I wonder- are my actions affecting the way my boys are acting? How do I balance my praise for them without them getting “puffed up?”

I think an important part in praying for our sons to be set apart (and their pride) is to pray over our own prideful actions towards our boys. We all dream about what our boys will become- but we need to pray that they become the men God wants them to be.

And by checking our own pride for our sons, hopefully we can live as an example for them.

Because ultimately- I want them to love God, know Jesus, and live out their faith.

Did any of the verses jump out today to you? Do you have any specific requests or concerns you’d like to share with the group? Please leave a comment and check in with the group. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me (using the button on the side).

***side note- love the comments coming in…it warms my heart to hear your thoughts and know you’re on the other side of the computer screen!!!

Jacynda asked if there was something similar for girls and I wanted to recommend this site: www.modsquadblog.com (created with the same type of passion that www.themobsociety.com was created). I think these sites are essential to our growth as mothers!!! (also- Jacynda- email me!!! I want to talk to you!!!)..

Ok, Let us pray….
Lord- as I pray that my boys’ are broken of their proud spirit (Lev 26:19) and are lowly in spirit (Prov 29:23) I pray the same things for my mom heart. I pray that we as a family live up to the potential You God have set out for us, and we act in ways that are pleasing to You. Help us to check our pride at the door and let our boys do the same.


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger jeana said...

Amen! I have been doing character study with our boys, and one of the biggest tips for me was to praise good character, not how good they are at something. i.e. After they do wonderful at piano, praise their endurance instead of how good they played. This has helped so much in the pride department.

June 12, 2011 at 7:27 AM  
Blogger Jacynda said...

Pride - this can be such a an awful trait that can ruin so many people,relationships, etc. What a vital prayer that we need to engulf our boys in.
Prov. 29:23 stuck out to me today.
May ___ be lowly in spirit and obtain humor, for one's pride will bring him low, but he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor.

June 12, 2011 at 7:09 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I think it is so important to build our children up, but just build others up at the same time. I guess I do not fear that my children will end up with puffed up egos if I do - Satan will try to tear them down with negative comments from others, when they are at home they will know that they are children of God and worthy and just so darn handsome ;)

There was a great message that I heard once and the pastor said, "If we do not tell our children who they are, someone else will." On the notion that what someone else tells them they are is likely not going to be good. I call my little guys "Superman" and "Superhero" and "Mommy's Protector" all of the time.

Jeana, I like what you said about recognizing what is on the inside (i.e. endurance instead of skill at piano) - so perfect!

June 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home