This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 3 Integrity

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Day 3 Integrity

MommaKristi

Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 3 Integrity

Day 3 Integrity

“And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.” Ezekiel 36:26-27

Integrity is firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic value or the quality or state of being complete or undivided.

Someone who stands up for what is right no matter who is around.

Oh how I pray that my boys will have integrity like the men of the Bible!! I feel like integrity is something that is often missing in society today! How wonderful would it be to bring up a generation of men with integrity!?!

Consider your own parenting style. Is the way you interact with your son(s) targeting the heart and motivating them toward real heart change? Or do you mainly focus on changing behavior? (from the e-book)

Did any of the verses jump out today to you? Do you have any specific requests or concerns you’d like to share with the group? Please leave a comment and check in with the group. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me (using the button on the side).

Let us pray….




Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Christin said...

We pray over our children individually each night before they go to bed & last night when I prayed, it just came out that I prayed for my sons to have submissive and obedient hearts. It just came so natural and went deeper than the, "help him to sleep well and keep him healthy" prayers. {Let's be honest, how many of us pray the same prayer every night?}

It would be neat to have this in calendar form :) I might have to whip something up for myself!

June 10, 2011 at 4:32 AM  
Blogger Hyacynth said...

We talk a LOT about being people of integrity and doing what is right according to God and not our own selves. Sometimes I feel like it sinks in, and othertimes it seems like we're totally missing the mark.
We read the Bible every night and talk about the stories, and we discuss the actions made by our own selves and others' during the day.
Kristi, I feel like integrity is missing, too.

June 10, 2011 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yes, Christin! When I pray for my children I get stuck on the same broad prayer. Being specific and praying scripture over them is just what I need! I really need to figure out how to get up before my children and start my day off in prayer for them, not just at night. That's been my struggle.

June 10, 2011 at 5:57 AM  
Blogger Jacynda said...

Sarah - I too am struggling with getting up before my children to pray and read the scriptures.
I am just so overwhelmed with excitement in reading all of these wonderful scriptures. The one verse that stuck out to me and perhaps God was hitting me in the heart and head with this more than me praying this over Landry. Phil. 4:11 'Like Paul, may ____ learn to be content in any situation.
Wow seriously I need to insert my own name in here and practice it before I can teach my son, but it is one of my biggest prayers that he will be content, not happy, b/c God doesnt call for us to be happy, he says to be content or joyful!

June 10, 2011 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Christin, I love the idea of having this all set up in calendar form!

Right now my husband and I are both focusing quite a bit on integrity and understanding exactly what that looks like. Intentional and consistent behaviors that please the Lord. Satan is quick to tempt us because integrity takes work and can be destroyed by one bad decision. I hope that we are able to set this example for our children.

June 14, 2011 at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home