This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 7 a Servant's Heart

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Day 7 a Servant's Heart

MommaKristi

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 7 a Servant's Heart

Day 7- Servant’s Heart

A servant’s heart can be as simple as helping a friend in need and as complex as traveling the globe to provide clean water to those in need. How do we get our boys to see what a servant’s heart looks like? I think we have to show them ourselves. Is this another one of those “caught” lessons rather than “taught”? Maybe.

“The greatest among you shall be your servant.” Matthew 23:11

When we love others and serve them, we are ultimately loving and serving God.

I know I use my boys’ young ages as an excuse for why I don’t serve…but today I’m going to start to change that. What are ways we can serve as a family? Can you do Operation Christmas Child this fall? Can you pick up trash as you walk in the park? What practical things can we do with our son(s) in order that they develop a servant’s heart?

Did any of the verses jump out today to you? Do you have any specific requests or concerns you’d like to share with the group? Please leave a comment and check in with the group. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me (using the button on the side).

Let us pray….

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I was just thinking on the way home from church that I need to find some ways we/I can be serving now with little ones.

June 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Agreed, Sara and Kristi! If you come up with ideas, will you post them here? What is a good way for a 2 1/2 year old to serve?!

June 14, 2011 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Here is a neat website: http://www.kidactivities.net/post/Community-Service-Ideas-for-Kids.aspx

June 14, 2011 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Jacynda said...

I am so guilty of using the excuse of having a baby for not serving! But I do like the what Kristi said, just by picking up trash at the park, something simply yet so great!
I def. think this is one where it's almost taught by watching instead of us talking.
I def. need to include myself in these prayers.

June 14, 2011 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

My keyboard died in the middle of my last comment so I'm back to finish it up a bit! I did some blog posts a while back about serving while being a mother of young children and one of my friends had some really great suggestions of how to serve with your children alongside or while having young children. Let me see if I can find it... Here we go... "Making meals for the sick, writing letters to missionaries, or visiting elderly neighbors are things that come to mind." and another, "such as taking a meal to someone in need, taking the preK class once a month during worship, taking food to needy families during Thanksgiving, taking care of the kids so that [my husband] can serve, taking the toddler class occasionally, helping to get ready for a Christmas dinner, going to a nursing home worship service as a family once a month."

June 16, 2011 at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home