This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 10 Joy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Day 10 Joy

MommaKristi

Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 10 Joy

Day 10- Joy

In complete disclosure, if you know me you know I’ve had a rough time so far this year. Lately, I’ve struggled finding joy. I want to be completely honest and transparent with you…my blog friends. This post is tough to write. I’m realizing that in order to pray for joy for my boys….I have to find joy in my own heart.

I’m so thankful for this challenge…to become aware of what I’m lacking in my own life…and to be able to ask God to change my own heart, so I can be an example for my boys.

Friends- do you have joy? How do we find joy in our deepest, darkest times? How do we display joy, so that our sons may know true joy?

Did any of the verses jump out today to you? Do you have any specific requests or concerns you’d like to share with the group? Please leave a comment and check in with the group. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me (using the button on the side).

Let us pray….



Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Farmer Files said...

Read this. Wanted to stop by and tell you that what jumped out at me was that joy and peace were used in many of the verses together. (((HUGS)))

June 17, 2011 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Wender said...

Sweet friend, I'm praying hard for you ... not only this bittersweet Father's Day weekend, but that you would be able to find your joy {and peace}; and that your precious boys would see your joy radiating from you.

A couple of verses I hope help:

*I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. ~John 14:27

*...pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace ... ~Philippians 4:6

{For me, when dealing with my Dad's passing, I had to let peace be the 'referree' in my heart; was I going to pray, stay in faith, draw near to God, and promote peace in myself ... or was I going to allow my heart to weep and become hidden in darkness? It was a tough journey, and sometimes it got ugly between God and I {always on my part, never His}, but peace and joy WILL prevail ... I promise.}

Hugs to you!!

June 17, 2011 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger Jacynda said...

Kristi - Praying praying for you and your sisters this weekend.
I know you said you were struggling with joy, but I do see the joy that radiates from you as you talk about your boys. Which if I can tell just by reading your blogs then your boys can see it in you.
I too struggle with joy and I have been praying for God to instill that in me and not let circumstances steal that joy. As I was praying over Landry today and my daughter it struck me that hey, if I dont have it, how can my children see and have it.
I also have to remind myself that there is a difference between joy and being happy. And God is the only one who can fill us with joy!

June 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home