This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 1 Obedience

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Day 1 Obedience

MommaKristi

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 1 Obedience

Today we officially start our journey together praying for our sons. Each day in the E-book “Warrior Prayers” there are 10 verses spelled out for the specific topic for that day. I’d like to encourage you to work through those 10 prayers in one of four ways as recommended by Brooke:

  1. Get up early to bathe sons in prayer first thing in the morning
  2. Pray the prayers one at a time throughout the day
  3. Make the prayers part of family devotion time, praying the prayers out loud over sons
  4. Spend some time in concentrated prayer late at night, around bedtime

When I went through this challenge in April, I wrote the prayer verses out during my morning quiet time and enjoyed taking ownership of the verses for my boys.

However you are able to do, make sure you pray!!! Brooke reminds us that “this battle is best fought on our knees.”

Each day I’ll talk a bit about the topic. I may ask a study question from the e-book so we can dialogue in the comments (always feel free to comment!!).

Day One- Obedience

What a place to start? Whether or not you have strong-willed boys, I think we’ve all dealt with trying to teach our sons to obey. And I love how Brooke describes how obedience to parents teaches obedience to God. We must train our boys to obey us as parents, and through that we can teach them the importance of the Gospel message.

As we pray for our sons, let us ask God to help us to also obey so we may live as an example to them.

Did any of the verses jump out today to you? Do you have any specific requests or concerns you’d like to share with the group? Please leave a comment and check in with the group. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me (using the button on the side).

Let us pray….



Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger MommaKristi said...

I'll start out today.... as my boys are just little (toddlers) I'm praying about how to teach Biblical obedience and what that means. I'm also finding when my boys act out- they often just need more attention from me or daddy (time in instead of time out).
Anyone have great tools for instructions for obedience they'd like to share!!!

June 8, 2011 at 4:18 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

My oldest, at 9, is entering the pre-teen phase, attitude and all, so I want him to learn to obey the first time, with a good attitude. My little man, at almost 6, needs that too at times.

June 8, 2011 at 4:33 AM  
Blogger Hyacynth said...

Yes, me, too, Kristi; I'm trying to instill a desire to be obedient to the Word rather than just me and my own desires as a parent. I want them to see the overarching authority in their lives, and know that when they submit to it, they will be changed for the best.

June 8, 2011 at 5:04 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

I am also trying to instill Biblical obedience. I feel like I fail a lot. Kristi, I really like your idea of a time in instead of a time out. I recently heard somewhere of teaching the word "obey", not "doing what mama or papa says"...enforcing the obedience Biblically.

June 8, 2011 at 5:09 AM  
Blogger Lynda J. said...

I am so happy to be joining together with other mamas on this journey. My son suffers from anxiety and so for him, not obeying is oftentimes a consequence of feeling completely anxious and overwhelmed and then shutting down. We've just started focusing on using "courage" memory verses when he's feeling anxious and contrary (which will hopefully lead to obedience). But my prayer is that it will also work the other way around -- that becoming obedient will remove some of the anxiety.

June 8, 2011 at 5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Just joined this group today and I am very excited about this 21 day prayer! Excited to see what God has in store for my two boys.

June 8, 2011 at 6:54 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Just joined today for the Warrior Prayers. Very excited. I have 4 little men myself. 7, 5, 3, 1

June 8, 2011 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It seems my boys obeyed better when they were little. does that make scense? Now they are bigger, they want to obey but get distracted, or have different ideas. I feel threatened often by their "disobediance" but when I stop and think about it, it´s not disobediance but my controling attitude that has been a problem. I get too picky expecting too much. I need to really pray for guidance to see when they are truly directly disobeying. Am I giving them any hope in this area?
I had a light bulb today while praying. I will give my control of their actions to the Lord and trust that our hard work with them will pay off. Of course I will have to remind them, of course I will have to discipline them still, but maybe, just maybe all the nagging on my part will be a lot less.

June 8, 2011 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

This chapter was somewhat eye opening for me. I had read a similar message related to children in the book "Successful Christian Parenting" by John MacArthur. But, that was right before my first little guy was born. Now I have a 2.5 year old and an 11 month old and needed this message to be loud and clear again.

One thing with my boys is that I understand that God wired them differently, and He had purpose in doing that. So, I try to really be careful that I am not trying to change qualities of them but truly be focused on obedience at the heart level.

It's tough right now, I know my 2.5 year old understands most of what I'm saying, but certainly not all.

Most times I tell him "God wants you to obey your mother and father. When you don't obey us, it makes Him sad and it makes mommy and daddy sad, too." Then I tell him "You are such a good boy, but that behavior was unacceptable."

I have random fears about my boys, one of them being that I will somehow raise them to think that they are inately bad, when really it's only certain unacceptable behaviors... So glad to be a part of the prayer group!

June 8, 2011 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Jacynda said...

I am so excited to be praying these scriptures over my son. even though he's only 7 months old I can still pray and get in, the habit of, praying with and for him.

June 8, 2011 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger MommaKristi said...

I love reading your comments! I'm so encouraged to see where you all are and hearing other's perspective on the matter!!!

June 9, 2011 at 2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home