This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 6 Purity

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Day 6 Purity

MommaKristi

Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 6 Purity





Day 6- Purity

This topic makes my heart beat a little faster. I mean, my boys are toddlers; it scares me to have to think about their purity. But, if we don’t, someone else will. A statistic Brooke gave us in the Leader’s Guide is the average age of porn exposure is 11 years old (pg 18 LG).

Yikes!!! We, as mothers, need to prepare ourselves (and our sons) for this battle right here and now (no matter how old your son is!!!) Hal and Mel Young are referenced in the leader’s guide as saying “Establishing frankness and communication from the very start will really pay off when they enter the testosterone years.” (pg 18 LG).

I pray that we can begin to establish a dialogue with our boys and a trusting relationship with them. I pray that they have the tools to fight temptation and will become Prince’s of Purity.

Do you have any thoughts about this topic? Am I alone in the fears? How else can we prepare and protect them?

Did any of the verses jump out today to you? Do you have any specific requests or concerns you’d like to share with the group? Please leave a comment and check in with the group. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me (using the button on the side).

Let us pray….




Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

I wasn't sure which prayers went with which day...so even though I'm a day ahead (Austria, Europe), I'm a day behind in the prayers. I'll catch up tomorrow. :)

I've started praying the prayers out loud over my boys at breakfast. My three year old asks me afterwards, "do it again, mama?" of course! :) It means a lot to me, too, to say the prayers aloud, using their names in the blanks.

June 13, 2011 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Jacynda said...

I too am getting a little confused as to what day is what. It seems some days we just have the verses and others we have the author writing more.
Purity - Very very scary. I think back to when I was a teenager and man I am so scared to even think about my kids being teens. My fav. verse today I love and will say it over and over, so simple. "How can Landry keep his way pure? By guarding it according to God's Word. Psalm 119:9

June 13, 2011 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Eeek I have nothing to offer on this one yet. I think that I will be very frank with my children on the issues of pornography and pre-marital sex, but I will just pray pray pray.

June 14, 2011 at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home