This Page

has been moved to new address

exciting announcements

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: exciting announcements

MommaKristi

Monday, May 23, 2011

exciting announcements

If you’ve read my blog or follow me on twitter you know 2011 has had a rough start. On May 15th my dad passed away. He was diagnosed in late February with Stage 4 cancer. It was a short road we traveled, and while I believe in miracles and the healing power of Jesus Christ, we found our miracle in a different way. For 12 weeks my relationship with my dad and sisters grew. I realized how important faith and family are, and how those 2 go hand in hand. It was hard to say good bye to my dad, but I’m so thankful for the opportunity to say good bye. Those last hours of his life were so hard, but being together and seeing him at peace is a moment I will not soon forget.




As I walk through the mourning and healing process myself, I’m so thankful we serve a God of fresh starts and new beginnings. I’ve tackled a lot of projects in 2011 and a lot has been put on hold. One experience that I’m so excited to revisit is 21 Days of Prayer for Sons.




When Brooke, author of Warrior Prayers, asked me if I’d like to lead a 21 Days group on my blog I was ecstatic!! I admire Brooke so much and this sister friend came into my life just when I needed it. I am hopeful that praying the Scripture for my boys gives me renewed strength and purpose…and I’m so excited to invite you to join me!!!

The official challenge starts June 8th and will continue for 21 days (7 days a week). We will come together and lift up our boys in prayers. Brooke will cheer us on and we’ll be praying with others all over the world!!!

I’m craving community and I hope you’ll be part of this one and join me in praying. Are you a mom or grandmother to boys? Let’s pray. Have girls?…pray these prayers for their future husbands. I found myself praying these same prayers for myself and my husband during the last challenge.

This challenge has also catapulted me into a new goal for myself. I’m now in the process of getting my blog moved to a new home…don’t worry, you can still go to http://www.mommakristi.com/ to find me…I’m just stepping up my blogging. I want to find my footing and new normal. I’m realizing how much I love community and how much it helps me to blog. I hope this new home will have a place where I can journal about my faith, my weight loss journey, my garden, my home endeavors, and my family memories. I hope that this little corner of the internet can be an encouragement to you in your journey too. This will be a place where faith and motherhood will reside and the language we will speak is love. I’m so excited about where God is taking me and I hope you’ll come along for the ride. Please be patient with me during the transition, but my goal is to be smoothly moved into my new home well before the June 15th start date.

So what do ya say, want to pray with me? Please leave a comment below, or even better, link up your blog, facebook page or twitter page in the linky below so we can all get to know each other!! Do you have a copy of Warrior Prayers? Because you need this book, it’s life changing!!! And stay tuned, because I will be updating you about this fun challenge in the coming days!!!
















**edited to change start date to June 8th!!! Hope you'll join us!!!**

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lara G Williams said...

I'm totally in! Can't wait!

May 23, 2011 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger erin said...

I'm in, too! :) Praying for you, my friend.

May 23, 2011 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Hyacynth said...

Excited to join, but I'm really going to need to be held accountable for checking in! I'm sometimes terrible at that, but I'd like to pray for my boys with other moms, so I'm going to try and jump right in. :)

May 26, 2011 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Heathahlee said...

I want to join your group! Woo hoo! : ) I missed the first 21 Days because I was really sick and totally lost focus, so I'm so excited Brooke decided to do this!

May 27, 2011 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Jacynda said...

I want to join as well!

June 1, 2011 at 4:52 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Count me in! This book is life changing. I'm sure my copy has some tear stains from the first challenge. Its a powerful thing when we pray for our sons.

June 2, 2011 at 4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home