This Page

has been moved to new address

Sunday SOAP

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Sunday SOAP

MommaKristi

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday SOAP

 

I’ve decided to try a new feature here at Momma Kristi, mainly to help myself to accountable to my own personal quiet time.  I’ve never been great at a committed quiet time.  I do really well when it comes to following someone else’s words or study (I’ve loved doing Beth Moore, Kay Arthur and Elizabeth George studies).  I seem to get easily distracted when I just try to sit and read!   I learned about a Bible Study method at my church a few summers ago and have really enjoyed (when I’ve used it).  It’s called SOAP notes and it’s based a book by Wayne Cordeiro and if you’d like more info about it, please let me know!!!

Unfortunately I got out the habit of it, but then I found the B90days challenge at www.Momstoolbox.com  and I noticed she had some information about SOAP on her site.  I got really excited and decided to join up with the B90days challenge, but decided not to try SOAPing it, I was worried about getting overwhelmed.

But now B90days is over, I graduated, I’m so excited about it!!  However, in the days immediately following B90days, I found myself missing my time in the Word.  I tried several days just to read, threw around some ideas of what to do instead and ended up doing nothing.  Since I’m doing the Hide His Word Challenge and 21 Days of Prayers for our Sons, I knew I didn’t want to bite off too much.  After chatting with a friend, I decided to follow her suggestion and SOAP through the Psalms.

photo (2) (500x500)

So every Sunday I’m *hoping* to post one of my SOAP notes from my week.  Here’s day one of my new SOAP journal:

Psalm 1 Delight (4/6/11)

Scripture:  But his delight is in the law of the Lord and on his law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:2

Observation:  He loves (delights in) the Word of God (the law) and because of that he thinks about it (meditates) all the time!!!

Apllication:  How can I delight in the law- what can I do to be in the Word day and night? Through SOAP notes, topical studies, memorizing, praying scripture & music.

Prayer:  Lord, I’m here now, I want you to be my delight!  I want to meditate on your word and I want it in my mind and heart and I want to share it with others too!!  Thank you for the tools- show me what and how!!!  Thank you Jesus!!

SOAP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lara G Williams said...

Love that! SOAPing.

April 10, 2011 at 3:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've recently started SOAPing as well and I love it! It really helps to focus on exactly what God is trying to say through each verse.

Congrats on graduating the Bible in 90 Days! That is a huge accomplishment! :)

April 10, 2011 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger The Farmer Files said...

I used to live in Hawaii. I have been to Wayne Cordiero's church. You would love it.

April 10, 2011 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

SOAP is great- you're doing great too!

April 10, 2011 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love this idea!! Thanks for the tip on SOAPing!! Huge Kay Arthur fan right here!!

April 10, 2011 at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home