This Page

has been moved to new address

Multitudes on Mondays 4/11/11

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Multitudes on Mondays 4/11/11

MommaKristi

Monday, April 11, 2011

Multitudes on Mondays 4/11/11

Friends, if you know me or ready any of my blog posts in the last few weeks, you know I’ve been in a dark place.  But many things are pulling me through this, especially Ann Voskamp’s words in her book “one thousand gifts.”

image

“When it gets dark, it’s only because God has tucked me in a cleft of the rock and covered me, protected, with His hand.” (chapter 8, one thousand gifts- beautiful thoughts based on Exodus 33:22-23)

“…but to give thanks is an action and rejoice is a verb and these are not mere pulsing emotions.  While I may not always feel joy, God asks me to give thanks in all things, because He knows that the feeling of joy begins in the action of thanksgiving.” (chapter 9, one thousand gifts)

So many more, so much going through my mind, so much to process, and so much eucharisteo…

64. one pound lost

65. smoothies

66. rotisserie chicken (I do believe God created this in order to save dinner time for mothers)

67. good time with my dad

68. my amazing husband

69. SOAP notes

 photo (2) (500x500)

70. praying for my boys

photo-1 (3) (500x500)

71. praying for my dad

photo (3) (500x500)

72. 6 months old

photo-2 (3) (500x500)

73. glimpses of spring

74. quiet times with God

75. good talks with my mom and my sisters

76. middle’s appointment to get his ear infections taken care of

77. medicine finally kicking in and my middle boy starting to act like himself.

While reading one thousand gifts I can feel my heart being tugged upon.  These words of Ann’s I feel like I could’ve spoken myself (chapter 8):

“Nothing has materially changed since yesterday’s fears, last week’s anxiety.  But I have.  I’m changing.  I am changing, deep changing, and I am giving thanks, doing eucharisteo and echaristeo is eureka and I know why there’s no fear and why I had never seen it before?....”

“Thanks is what builds trust.”  

“Every time fear freezes and worry writhes, every time I surrender to stress, aren’t I advertising the unreliability of God?...but I’m grateful to the Bridge Builder for the crossing of a million strong bridges, thankful for a million faithful moments, my life speaks my beliefs and I trust Him again.”

“Trust is my bridge from yesterday to tomorrow…”

“Stress can be an addiction and worry can be our lunge for control and we forget the answer to this moment is always yes because of Christ.”

“Eucharisteo always precedes the miracle.”

 image

For more gifts, visit Multitude Mondays.

Much Love,

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lara G Williams said...

So encouraging to read these, my friend. xoxo

April 11, 2011 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger Pam @ The Journey Leads Home said...

I really wish I was doing this. Very nice list. Love them! Great idea and I see them everywhere.

I was really stopping by to tell you that I featured your blog in this entry today http://thejourneyleadshome.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/the-greatest-top-ten/

I thought you might like to swing by and check it out.

Good night!

pam

April 12, 2011 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

In the dark times, the starts shine brighter. I love your list of "stars". I'm praying still for you and your family. (PS Your little chubbo 6 month old is precious!!)

April 13, 2011 at 4:19 AM  
Blogger The Farmer Files said...

It is amazing what one lost pound will do for us. I get it. ;)

April 13, 2011 at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home