This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 2 Submission to Authority

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Day 2 Submission to Authority

MommaKristi

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 2 Submission to Authority

Day 2- Submission to Authority

We move easily into this next topic, as obedience and submission to authority go hand in hand. Our boys will always have someone in a position of authority over them (whether teachers, bosses, or God). Training them now to submit and respect authority sets them up for success of the greatest kind in life (ebook page 11).

Even at their young age, I can see my own son’s inner struggle with submission to our authority as parents. How can we encourage our sons to submit to our authority and then ultimately Jesus?

Are there any discipline practices you’ve been using that need to be tweaked in order to better reflect the Gospel message? (from the e-book)

Did any of the verses jump out today to you? Do you have any specific requests or concerns you’d like to share with the group? Please leave a comment and check in with the group. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me (using the button on the side).

I loved reading the comments from you gals…feels like we’re really in this together!! Please continue to take the time to comment- so we can encourage one another as we pray for our boys!!

Also- Brooke has started a flickr group for us to share our “whys” (pics of our boys). Many of the group leaders have already posted…please join us and upload your own pictures. Let’s have a visual of the young men we’re praying for!!!

Let us pray….

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger MommaKristi said...

How do you teach a toddler these things? I think I'm becoming acutely aware of how little we've been (my husband and I) focusing on discipline/submission/obedience... making up excuses that they are just little boys.....
But in reading these prayers again, I realize that we can lay the groundwork for what may lie ahead of us (which may indeed be a battle). Just deep thoughts I guess....

Do you think these Bible traits can be taught at such a young age? How?

June 9, 2011 at 3:04 AM  
Blogger Hyacynth said...

Looking forward to hearing about implementation for helping our boys submit well to authority!

I was struck by the last prayer today about how our boys can find freedom in submitting to Christ's authority and avoid being yoked to slavery.

I love thinking about how we actually have such freedom from so many addictions and weighty issues when we just submit to Him and give our wills to Him.

June 9, 2011 at 6:11 AM  
Blogger Jacynda said...

My favorite verse is I Pet. 5:5,
May ____, who is younger, be subject to the elders. May he clothe himself with humility toward others, for "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."
It seems that humility is sometimes more a struggle for men then it is for women, so I def. want Landry to be clothed in humility so that he may always be respectful to others.

Kristi - Your question regarding teaching biblical traits at a young age; I def. think they can but I think the most effective way is by example. Children begin at such a young age observing others around them and when they see others especially us as parents living with Jesus in our hearts that is the most effective way for them to learn how to act as well. I always repeat this old but great saying, "Actions speak louder than words!"

June 9, 2011 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Lynda J. said...

I've added the following prayer to each day's list: "May I ____ (submit to authority, practice obedience) in order to set a good example for Sam." In this case I prayed that I would have opportunities to show Sam my own submission to authority. It's made me more aware of my deficits in these very areas.

Kristi, I'm not sure about teaching the traits at a young age. Perhaps it's just a case of pointing out when they do well and then sharing the biblical principles behind their good behavior?

June 10, 2011 at 3:56 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hi Everyone! I am playing some serious catch-up on the discussion today, so I hope y'all receive my comments.

I have two little guys, 2.5 and 1. I love what Jacynda said about being an example of submission to authority. I think that is a struggle for me, sometimes.

The tool that I implement the most is that when M's behaviors/attitude need correcting, I set him in time out and when two minutes are over I sit down at his level and ask him to look at my eyes. Sometimes I have to hold his chin up so that he will look, and I tell him what went wrong and I ask him to say "Yes, Mom, I understand and I am sorry." I'm not sure if he knows exactly what he is saying to me at this point, but I think with consistency, he will recognize that as submission.

June 14, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home