This Page

has been moved to new address

Multitudes 52-63

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Multitudes 52-63

MommaKristi

Monday, April 4, 2011

Multitudes 52-63

 

I haven’t posted a multitude Monday post since 3/15/11.  I pulled out my notebook overnight and I saw my scribbles:

52. Starting fresh after a week off

53. the craziness that is right now

54. online friends that walk with me

55. girl scout cookies

56. grandparents that help watch babies

57. ruby red grapefruit

58. coffee

I haven’t added to my list for a few weeks.  Ann is right when she says eucharisteo is not the norm.  I’m trying so hard to get through my days lately, I’ve not looked through God’s lens to see what He wants me to see.  So now I will try to reflect…

Two Saturday’s ago, dad had his first chemo.  I was sick myself and on antibiotic so I couldn’t go (plus I had to work).  It was really hard for me to be away.  Come to find out later, he really wasn’t doing well.  His labs were way out of wack and honestly they shocked both Jason (he’s an RN) and myself (a pharmacist).  This week was spent with 2 trips to his place trying to help him get settled, phone calls to insurance & home health, and trips to wal*mart for supplies. 

Looking back on the last few weeks, here’s what I’m thankful for

59. Chemo (as painful as it is to know that the meds are hurting his body, it’s also trying to stop the disease and I’m thankful for modern medicine)

60. Family (my sisters and our families all stayed at a hotel in his town Saturday night so we could spend time together – at his request).  It was a great time and my boys loved it!!

61. On Sunday morning my sisters went to church with my dad.  It was his first time out since chemo other than to get his shot on Wednesday.  It was hard to see him so exhausted and it took all his energy, but he was so proud to have us at church with him and for that I’m thankful.

62. The Hide His Word Challenge I’ve been doing…memorizing God’s promises has really sustained me in these last few weeks.  I love that His word is what comes to mind when I get down instead of negative self talk!!

63. Coworkers that cover my shift so I can spend time with my family (I was so afraid I would have to work instead of go).

So here I am…trying to get back into the eucharisteo mindset.  Now that B90 days is done (yay!!!) I’m gonna allow myself to read a little more during my quiet time.  I’m eager to finish 1000 gifts and watch the videos along with it.  I really do want to slow down and sip each moment we have in life right now!!!

I’m linking this up with Multitude Mondays on a holy experience.

Much Love,

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Jumped over from Ann's today and love your gratitude for grandparents. I just spent a week with my grandchildren and know how much my daughter and son-in-law appreciate us ... Blessings, Beth

April 4, 2011 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger rachel@thecupcakesprinklesinlife said...

Great moments in eucharisteo!!!

April 5, 2011 at 5:36 PM  
Blogger Heather Mattern said...

Praying for your dad. It is so touching to see you listing your gifts amidst the storm. Inspiring! ((((hugs))))

April 6, 2011 at 4:33 AM  
Blogger Hope Wilbanks said...

I enjoyed this post, but most especially the second half of your list. :)

April 6, 2011 at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home