This Page

has been moved to new address

Shopping and couponing

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Shopping and couponing

MommaKristi

Monday, June 29, 2009

Shopping and couponing

So I’ve been wanting to post some of my favorite resources when it comes to shopping and couponing. I’ve found several blogs that have really helped me out and I think I’m doing a decent job when it comes to saving some money for our family!!! (and since we’re going thru Dave Ramsey’s FPU class at church right now every stinking little bit helps!!!)

So here's my recommendations!!

First of all I read all my blogs in Google Reader. That way I just log in in the morning and if someone updates a blog it shows up in my reader. Then throughout the day I just check and see if anyone has updated.

There are three blogs I do check on my Blackberry when I’m not near my google reader and I do check those for updates religiously throughout the day.


Those are:

Crystal at Money Saving Mom

Jenny at Southern Savers (my friend Erin took Jenny’s couponing class in SC)

And

Marcy at Stretching a Buck (from Columbus , featured on NBC4 every other Monday with Ellie!!!)

There are several others but these gals are great with their deals. Marcy and Jenny do a breakdown of the ads for grocery stores and all three do the drug stores!! I love Marcy because she does a Giant Eagle deal (complete with what coupons go with the sale items!!!).

I’ve been tweaking my coupon organization system for the last few months- I finally think I have something that works. Erin (in SC) and I have been brainstorming methods and I hope to post pictures soon of what is finally working for me!!!

I’ve also found some great recipe websites that I’d love to share.

Year of Crockpotting (and she’s got a cookbook out!!)

Pioneer woman Cooks (delish food!!)

$5 Dinners (I love this gal)

Once a Month Mom (girls after my own heart....freezer cooking!!!)

Other things that have helped me with our grocery budget is menu planning and stock piling. Organized Junkie does a great blog carnival I’ve been trying to get into the hang of participating in and Money saving mom does a great stockpiling post.

Hopefully this post will be useful to someone!!!


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tricia@onceamonthmom.com said...

Thanks for the mention. Your family is so cute!

July 18, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home