This Page

has been moved to new address

Recipe additions....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Recipe additions....

MommaKristi

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Recipe additions....

I've been cooking at home more since we're on a stricter budget (I have mentioned the new kid coming this spring and my desire for a finished basement, right??). So I have been trying lots of new recipes and expanding my cooking options. I have a few recipe blogs I love and I'll post those sometime soon-but I need a place to save some recipes to try and keep. I usually use my laptop upstairs to blog and search online and my printer is in the "unfinished" basement so running down there isn't always convenient to pickup printouts. Also-I want to try things before I commit them to my cookbook. In leui of starting a new blog-I'll just add some recipes to my already filled with thoughts on parenting and mommyhood blog!!! No one minds, right?

So here's the first installment!! Katie-she has an amazing cooking blog and I met her on my mommy chat board-her famous recipe is bourbon chicken which I've made and love. It's nicknamed Crack Chicken on our board!!! Well, someone adapted it to the crockpot...and I love me some crockpot cooking!!! I haven't tried the crockpot version but here it is:


Bourbon Chicken - Crockpot style
3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
1 garlic clove crushed
1/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp of corn starch
Cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Mix all ingredients into your crockpot, throw in the chicken. Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4.

The recipe isn't that different from the original but I wanted to save the list and directions here. When I did make this-I doubled the sauce-I like sauce over my rice.

More recipes to come-I'm sure!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home