This Page

has been moved to new address

Hiding His Word

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Hiding His Word

MommaKristi

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hiding His Word

I interrupt this normal what I wore Wednesday day post for something a little different…because basically I’ve been wearing sweats.  It’s ok, I’ll get back into the swing of things once we kick whatever bacteria/virus/bug it is that is living in my house!!!  I’m going for comfort and getting healthy!!!

So I know it sounds crazy that I’m joining up with another challenge, but I truly feel like these gals I’m meeting on twitter and helping me to be a better version of myself!!!

Katie is my accountability captain for #hellomornings and has been such a blessing and encouragement!!!  This is one of her blogs:

She started about her Hide Philippians in your Heart Challenge and I so badly wanted to start it.  But I was in the middle of reading the Bible in 90 Days and man is that a commitment!!!  We’re almost finished with the Bible (I’m in Romans and will be done by the end of this month!!!!) and in light of all that is going on with Dad I wanted to start memorizing scripture…and I decided I needed it RIGHT NOW!!!!

I prayed a bit about what I wanted to memorize.  I’ve been listening to Seeds Family Worship while I’ve been running and am enjoying that and I know music helps me tremendously!!

So when I saw Katie’s post on Essentials of Philippians and it had verses set to music I decided I was in!!  I planned to start April 1st when B90days was done…but this weekend at work I was craving having His word flowing through my mind…so I decided to start putting together my journal.   (it’s a pink moleskin!!)

 

photo-1 (2) (500x500)

photo-3 (500x500)

 

I used some resources from both Katie’s site and Ann Voskamp’s site (because y’all know how much I love Ann!!).  Jason downloaded the songs to match the verses for me so I could listen on my iPhone at work.

photo-2 (2) (500x500)

And yesterday while Jake was having a snack I sat at the table with him and wrote out my verse cards.  I also am trying to use the first letter method that both Katie and Ann are using!!  I do have the verse typed up too and taped to the outside of my shower door so I can see it!!!  And yes, I can listen to it and sing along!! 

 

I’m so excited about this challenge and I’m excited to see so many of my internet friends joining along!!  I’m hoping to do a vlog…(eeek) about it soon, we’ll see.  In the meantime, I’m just doing everything I can to hide His Word in my heart!!!

I’m linking this post up with Katie’s introduction to Hide His Word.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie Orr said...

Woot! Woot! So excited. I know that the Lord is going to use these amazing truths in your heart and mind!

Excited to have you join us!

March 23, 2011 at 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very exciting! I'm joining in as well, but won't be officially starting until April 1. I'll be memorizing 1 Peter. You can read about it on my blog if you like.

Isn't it great to have the accountability?! So thankful we can be on this journey together! :)

Meagan

March 24, 2011 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Lara G Williams said...

YAY!!!!

March 24, 2011 at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home