This Page

has been moved to new address

First L&D Visit- 32 weeks

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: First L&D Visit- 32 weeks

MommaKristi

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First L&D Visit- 32 weeks

So I spent the day in Labor and Delivery yesterday...wow. It was exhausting and draining!!

I had been having cramping for a few weeks (I had mentioned it). Well overnight Sunday night at work it was getting much worse. I went home Monday morning, took a shower, drank a bunch of water and laid down. After an hour I was still experiencing the cramping- more intense. I called my OB and I got sent to L&D. Jason-bless his heart and his coworkers- was able to come with me. I got immediately hooked up to monitors and I was having some contractions. They weren't constant but I was having them. Each cramping episode I had wasn't necessarily a contraction but I was having them.

They did a urinalysis to make sure I didn't have a UTI (which could cause some of the issues I was having)- but I didn't. I did have ketones in my urine though which meant I was dehydrated. **I have no idea how I'm dehydrated!!! I drink so much water every day- but I have to up it now!!!**

The resident checked me and I'm just a cm dilated. (which is good). The baby is far from my cervix opening and they did a test which predicts my chances of earlier labor (Ffn). It was negative so hopefully that will indicate that baby will stay in for a while longer!!

I got a liter and a half of fluid to hydrate me. The RN blew out 2 veins before another nurse actually got the IV started!!! I also got a dose of terbutaline (which is to relax the uterus to stop contractions...but it makes you jittery and jumpy!!!).

My OB came in to see me. She was pleased the FFN was negative. She told me to take it easy over the next few days and keep an eye on things. My next appt is next wednesday so I'm hoping to do that until then.

On the basement front- there was no electrical inspection because it was a holiday. So hopefully the electrical inspection will be today and they will finish today. The final inspection won't be until tomorrow. Which bugs me a little- we had plans for friends to come over tonight and start to put up the TV & shelves. We've postponed that until tomorrow because we can't do anything to the space until after the final inspection. I just hope it all gets done. WE're ready to start working on the space and can't. Jason has 3 days off this week and we had planned to start filling the space this morning!!! Oh well. It'll all get done soon.

And maybe this is how it's supposed to be. I need to take it easy and we have an extra day (although the pounding and cutting in the basement doesn't make for the most relaxing day). Oh well!!!

It's all good!! Baby is good, Max is good, Jas and I are good and the basement is almost done!!! Yay!!!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home