This Page

has been moved to new address

Big blog updates today....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Big blog updates today....

MommaKristi

Friday, February 27, 2009

Big blog updates today....

Another week has gone by and oh what a week it has been!!!

I've been very exhausted this week and had my appointment wednesday afternoon with my OB. J's parents were able to come up and watch Max so he could come with me. We had a great talk with her. We now know what we're dealing with now!! I'll be 34 weeks on saturday and my OB really hopes/wants me to get to 36 weeks. She honestly says I may not make it much past 36 and some change....which does put us 1 week past where Bubby was born.

She talked to me about the option of stopping work now. This is a major concern for Jas and me. I don't have much vacation time and any extra time I take off will be FMLA (no pay). However, I'm so afraid of having this baby even earlier than what Bubby was born. We've decided that I need to take the time off and go ahead and start Family Medical Leave/Disability. I'm trying to stay seated as much as possible, nap often, keep my feet up, and take it easy. The contractions are continuing and I can tell when I do too much. I often hit a wall in the evening. It has just stunk!!! I'm so relieved that we made the decision. It's tough to know how strapped for finances we'll be, but it's worth it to keep B inside as long as possible!!

We still have tons to do so I'm trying to accomplish a little bit everyday. My mom and Jason's parents are helping a ton!!! I shouldn't be lifting Max which makes it really really tough for me!!!

Jason is at work today and Max is down at Great Grandma's. Mom gets off at 12 so we're gonna run a few quick errands and come home. Mom is gonna stick around and they'll bring Max back this afternoon. Mom said we'd made meatloaf for dinner and she'll stay till Jason gets home.

It's really stressful but I know it's best for B and me!! I feel so bad for missing work-I know they weren't ready for me to be off.

I've been looking into verses to hold onto during this time. I found this one last weekend at work:

1 Corinthians 10:13 (the Message)
No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.

and this one:
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NLT)
We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.

Jason and I have been praying so much about this are comfortable with our decision. We know things will be tough, but it's best for our family. It's crazy knowing that we will have a baby very very very soon!!! We're hoping Max gets over his cough soon and back to happy little self. I think he senses the stress we've been under and can tell mommy can't get down on the floor or carry him. He's gravitated towards daddy (and jason is so good with him!!!). Jason is also so good about taking care of me-forcing me to take it easy and sit whenever possible!!!

We'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers during this time. Even at 36 weeks, B will still be a preemie!!!!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home