This Page

has been moved to new address

Making Chili!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Making Chili!!!

MommaKristi

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Making Chili!!!

I know it doesn't go along with "taking it easy" but I had made plans to make chili this week. It was supposed to be last night but the basement delay pushed it to tonight. We have friends coming over (we were supposed to work on the basement-but the final inspection got pushed to another day...oh well, another post). So I'm still making chili today and they're coming over just for fun!!

I decided since I have multiple crock pots if I was gonna make 1 crockpot of chili I might as well make 2.

I'm gonna type out the recipe for 1- but I doubled it and did 2 crockpots full. It's part of my attempt to fill my freezer before baby gets here!!! And don't worry, Jason's been a huge help. I keep sitting to rest and drinking more water!!!

Kristi's Chili:
2 lbs ground beef
1 large white onion chopped
1 large green pepper chopped
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon garlic
1 pack Carroll Shelby's Chili kit (we love this)
1 large can of tomato juice
1 box of beef broth

Brown the ground beef, drain, add in onion, pepper, tomatoes, and garlic. Let flavors saute together and add half of the main chili seasoning packet.

Transfer contents of skillet into crockpot and add rest of chili packet, tomato juice and beef broth. We usually let it cook all day. At some point we will add the small cayenne packet, salt, and flour if needed. We will also add a small can of tomato paste if needed.

My dueling crockpots are fired up. We'll eat from one and freeze the other (maybe a large ziploc bag and some smaller bags/containers for individual servings).

Since we're running out of time before B gets here- I may try some more doubling recipes and freezing portions. Tomorrow I'm planning on making my freezer Bacon Cheeseburger Rice (it's a Ham*burger helper knock off). I was gonna make a big batch so we could have dinner and some to freeze. I'll post the recipe if I feel up to making it. We're taking it day by day!!!

Oh we serve this with cheese and sour cream!! I can't wait until dinner!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home