This Page

has been moved to new address

Chalk mat tutorial

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Chalk mat tutorial

MommaKristi

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chalk mat tutorial

I just didn't want to lose this so I thought I'd post it!!! These are so cute. Once I get the basement finished and have a craft area-I want to start making these!!!

First I gather the following items:

Chalk cloth
Fabric for dinner mat side
elastic
thread
eyelet kit
ribbon
scissors

First I measure out the size of the place mat I want on the chalk mat and fabric. (Hint: Make sure the chalk mat is about 1- 2 inches shorter than the fabric. I usually use a template of a placemat that I have laying around. I think they are about 17X10 or something like that

Then, I cut it out the template from the chalk cloth and fabric.

With wrong sides togehter, I fold the fabric 2 times to give a nice finished look on the chalk mat side and I pin it.

The next step before sewing is to put about 1-1/2 of elastic on the bottom right side of the mat (underneath the fabric) so when you sew it it will be sewn in.

After pinning the fabric, I then sew all away around the chalk mat.

The last step is to use the eyelet kit and I usually put it on the opposite side of the elastic.

Viola! Your done!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Baby Bunching said...

Wow! These are really cute! I love it!

November 12, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home