This Page

has been moved to new address

What's in a name?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: What's in a name?

MommaKristi

Monday, February 2, 2009

What's in a name?

Giving B a name has proved to be a difficult difficult task!!! I think when we were picking out names for Max everything just fell into place. We knew we had the family name picked out if it was a boy and somehow we miraculously agreed easily on girl names.
Max Charles is named after Jason's paternal grandfather and my maternal grandfather. I'm so proud to have been able to pass along these two names.
Jason's Grandpa Max was quite the man from what I've heard. While I never had the chance to meet him, I've been told I would have loved him. Max shares his curls and evidently his temper:) (Jason says they sometimes referred to him as "Mad Max"). This family patriarch was snatched from his loved ones way too early. I feel like this family has been able to have a glimpse of Grandpa Max again now that Little Max is in our lives!!!! My Grandpa Charles Harold always went by Harold but I was so excited to use Charles as Max's middle name. He was the only Grandpa I knew and I loved him. He had the greatest sayings and even though he was totally predictable I still laughed every time he said them!! I shared my love of Grandpa's tractors and I'm so excited to actually hang up the collection once the basement renovation gets finished (and share them with Max).

So now on to B. We still feel a match with our previously chosen girl names and so those remain on the list. We do like to go into the delivery room with several names. Murphy's law tells me this is another boy- and B will just be "Baby Boy" until he's 18!!! We still are discussing it and have some time (hopefully 7-10 weeks)!!!!

Its tough to pick a name for a child. I mean, I look at Max- he's definitely a Max. 100%. I hope we hit it the same way this time!!!

On a side note-please keep our health in your prayers. This weekend was somewhat rough. I'm just now 30 weeks and I'm starting to wonder if B has dropped and if I'm progressing!!! Ack!!!! I know how very blessed we are that Max, even though being born at 35 weeks, was absolutely perfect and healthy!!! I am so very afraid that this baby will come even sooner!! I'm praying currently for peace and discernment. I want peace to wash over me to know that God is indeed in control and discernment and clarity to know when to act and how to handle it!! It's a constant prayer and a constant lesson to learn. I do feel God's peace and then I start to panic and I feel His peace slipping away (it's not that He's taking it away, it's that I'm actually pushing Him away!). Learning so much right now...it's amazing!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home