This Page

has been moved to new address

Storytime- 2nd attempt.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Storytime- 2nd attempt.

MommaKristi

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Storytime- 2nd attempt.

So I wanted to make a list of my favorite books, must read books, current reads, and future reads. Wow-not sure if that made sense-but here it goes.
(hyperlink overload, sorry-wanted to make it as easy as possible for anyone to find these books)
Recent Book Purchases:
Babywise and Babywise II by Gary Ezzo
Square foot gardening by Mel Bartholemew
and
Lean Mommy by Lisa Druxman

Current Books checked out from the library:
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
(I've never read a Francine Rivers book but they are well reviewed!!)
Several books on bread machine recipes (I borrowed my sister's bread maker and I'm all about baking bread now)

I've checked out a few books that I'm gonna have to come back to. I'm not ready for them yet and they're due back. However, I wanted to document them so I can remember them!!!
Before five in a row by Jane Claire Lambert
Kitchen Table Play & Learn by Tara Coply & Andrea Custer and
Mommy, Teach Me! by Barbara Curtis
You can see the theme of these books. I want to make sure I'm doing learning activities with Max as soon as possible. Not totally just learning projects-but fun playtime/learning things. I searched for the books while it was fresh in my mind, but I know I'll forget it all before I'm ready for them. I'll just check them out again later.

I love pretty much every book I've read from Steeple Hill Cafe. They're motto is "life, faith, and getting it right." I feel that way pretty much every day!!! I love reading about other young women who are learning a little more about God each and every day!!! Many of the authors are now writing stories about young moms....perfect!!!

Parenting books:
Happiest Baby on the Block (want to get Happiest Toddler on the Block next)
by Harvey Karp (check out the website here) (they have excellent videos on the subject too)

Baby Whisperer by Tracey Hogg (video is not as good here, but excellent concepts).

And of course, Babywise by Ezzo

My "greener living, crunchy experiment" books-
Green Babies, Sage Moms by Lynda Fassa
Gorgeously Green by Sophie Uliano
Both of these are from the library. They have some good info. I like Green Babies better. Won't be buying either of them though.

Whoa-that was alot. I have a ton of books from the library at any given moment...I always have some to go to. I usually don't have a ton of time to read-so many of the nonfiction ones get flipped through quickly.

Enjoy!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home