This Page

has been moved to new address

Confidence boost!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Confidence boost!

MommaKristi

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Confidence boost!

So ever since I found out I was pregnant with number 3- everything has been different! I've been sick and exhausted!! I suddenly became very nervous about taking the boys anywhere by myself. Max really has a personality now and Jake has got the temper tantrum down perfect. A few weeks ago we went to the zoo with my mom and left after about 30 minutes. It was hot and my boys were real cranky. No one wanted to sit in the fancy stroller and even with Jas with us...I just felt defeated. Needless to say- I haven't been real excited to venture out alone!!
Then today I saw the weather was much cooler than it has been. Jas is working and he'll just meet me at Bible study tonight. I decided I needed to build my confidence back up before Baby3 gets here!! I knew an outing would break up my day and be good for all of us! So after much prayer and planning with Jas (logistics: where to park, etc) I went to a local shopping area that I know and am comfortable with. We watched the model trains that were set up, went to three stores and made purchases, took a potty break and changed diapers, and finished at the trains again a bit before heading home! The boys were angels!!! I pushed my luck at gymbo about 3 minutes too long but we recovered and I don't think there were any tears by anyone!!! I maneuvered my monster stroller in and out of stores with no issues and even managed to keep Jake from falling asleep on the way home (by yelling Jake Jake Jake on the final stretch!). He's taking an appropriate nap right now in his crib!

I know it doesn't seem like much but this is pretty big for me. I have this habit of letting fear take over and I just freeze up. Last week when Jas was at work we had a potty crisis that resulted in tears for all 3 of us! So my confidence has taken quite a hit! But thankfully today was great and I feel like I have a bit of my groove back! I in fact texted Jas while out that I was a rock star!!! It just feels good to be able to do the things I know I've been created to do!! I love being a mom and these months of being pregnant (both with Jake and Baby3) I feel like I've just wanted to hibernate and wake up when its all over!! Having a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old is hard. But its totally worth it! I'm so excited about bring this new baby into this family and being a family of 5. A mom of 3!! Wow!!! Today got me a step closer to being the Mom that I WANT to be!!!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

Oh my goodness!! I don't check your blog in awhile and this is what I get! You're pregnant!! :)

Congratulations, sweetie!! When are you due? I'm due with #2 on October 2nd, so we must be due pretty close together. :)

Love,
Erin

July 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

I started reading your blog through Erins most recent post. Hope this is ok! My name is Maria! My blog is private, but you are welcome to an invite if you email me.
mariadelgado32302 at yahoo dot com

July 4, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home