This Page

has been moved to new address

33 1/2 week update

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: 33 1/2 week update

MommaKristi

Thursday, September 2, 2010

33 1/2 week update

I had my appt yesterday with my ob and she did an ultrasound as to why I'm measuring ahead. First things first- baby looks great and is extremely active (not news to me- I can see my belly move from the outside!!). I'm feeling lots of activity and movement too- almost makes me sick. Well- the reason for this is I have lots of fluid. I guess normal pockets of fluid measure 3-4 cm on u/s and I'm measuring 6-7 in areas!! Baby has lots of room to move and I feel every little bit of it! She checked for all the reasons for excess fluid that could be bad for me and baby- but they all look good. Kidneys working good. Swallowing looks good. No leaks in spinal area. Baby even looked like it was "practicing breathing" and Jas swears he saw the ribcage expand!!
So here's where we are now as I understand it...
My cramping and pain are normal because I'm carrying bigger- body stretching, belly heavier etc.
It also makes sense that people say I look like I'm "about to pop" because I am measuring big!!
As long as baby keeps moving we're good. I call if I haven't felt movement in 2 hours.
I'm still working as of now (which I'm ok with- can't afford to be off yet if labor isn't immediate).
Her concern is this: more space for baby to move- more chance of cord issues (which is why I have to be diligent about movement). I'm on weekly appts now with cervical checks and non stress tests. Its making sense to me that once I start to progress in actual labor we'll take action because prolonging that process puts the baby under potential cord danger.
We're praying that I am aware of movement and can keep a good eye on things. We hope I can get a few more weeks of work in. Chances are I won't make it to my October due date- (10/17- who really thought that would happen?) but I may not make it to October! We'll see. And we're praying when labor actually starts its swifts and all progresses the way it should and the cord stays away from the baby's head/neck. The weekly checks help put my mind at ease. Its a lot of pressure to stay so aware and not worry, lose track of movement time, and not stress about the cord (I'm honestly so terrified of that!!)!

We'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

On the homefront Max talks more about the baby and seems very excited! Jake has no awareness (much like Max last time). He's just so busy following around big brother and they have a ball playing together! We're so excited to have our family grow again and see how our lives change!!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home