This Page

has been moved to new address

Salsa 2010 (finally)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
MommaKristi: Salsa 2010 (finally)

MommaKristi

Friday, August 20, 2010

Salsa 2010 (finally)



Here is what we started with...all from my garden and my in-laws garden!!! (except we bought 4 jalapenos- we'll add one plant to the garden next year!!)

I wanted this pic posted to show how we did the peppers. Even the mild-er ones have the same burning affect on your hands!!!


I borrowed my friend Meghan's cuisanart...definitely on my christmas list this year!!! Made it so much simpler!!! Thank you Meghan!!!



Here is the salsa put together...all looking yummy!!!


I found on a canning site that you can sub lemon juice for vinegar but not the other way around so the only change I made was lemon juice instead of vinegar. I googled recipes until I found one that looked good and had all the ingredients I wanted to use!! Here is the winning recipe (and I'll definitely use it again next year). I halved the recipe but then made it twice (on 2 days). I got 14 half pints and some fresh (which the fresh is all gone!!). I have even opened one of my jars and eaten all of it!! Salsa is a craving this pregnancy!!!

Unfortunately the canning process took all week because of the sciatic, back and foot pain this pregnancy!!! But we got it done!!! Yay!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home